17

Nobody's POV

"You know mommy went on a date?" Towanda said as she spoke on the phone with her siblings.

"Who?!"

"Mommy."

"With who?" Trina said and Tamar nodded.

"Some man, Toni set her up."

"Let me add her to the call." Towanda added her sister to their FaceTime call and she soon answered.

"Helloooo."

"Here she go singing." Tamar said and acted like she was annoyed.

"Bye, what happened? I'm about to do something with my man..."

"Ohhh?! We just wanted to talk to you for a few, tell your man to wait." She laughed.

"He's waiting, but hurry and talk."

"So you set mommy up on a date?"

"Yes, I did."

"Did she call and tell you how it went?"

"Nope, you know she's going to say—"

"Stay outta my business!" They collectively spoke before laughing.

"I'm going to add her, let's see if she knows how to do that..." Tamar said and Toni shook her head.

"Don't play my mommy." Tamar added Evelyn to the call and she answered.

"Hello?"

"Ma'am, why am I seeing your ear?"

"Oh, what?"

"Lord have mercy."

"Pull the phone back so you can see yourself." She did just that and gasped.

"What is this?"

"It's FaceTime, anyways how was your date?"

"Date? With who?"

"Mommy, stop playing." They laughed.

"I did have a date."

"Mmhmm, and how was it?"

"It was... something. He wore all purple, purple watch, purple clothes, and purple shoes. If they were on the menu, he would've gotten purple food." They laughed at their mother describing her date.

"What did you like about him then?"

"He was a man."

"Okay, are you going to go on another date with him?" Trina added and Evelyn shook her head.

"No, I didn't give him my number."

"Toni you need to pick them better."

***

The girls, minus Tamar, were at a studio so they could take pictures for their promotion of The Braxton's. Tamar wasn't there because she had to be in Atlanta with her son.

"Mommy is always the first one ready to go, even her shoes are on." They took turns taking photos before it was time for a group photo.

"We're going to leave this space right here."

"For Tay?"

"Yeah, so we can photoshop her in."

"Okay." They took a few photos, Toni serving in every photo, of course, then they went out for dinner. Evelyn was tired so she didn't join her daughters.

"The shoot was good right?"

"Yesss."

"We haven't sat down and talked in a long time, other than on the phone."