19

Toni's POV
December 22, 2024

Today is my last show and I'm so excited for it to end! I know I shouldn't say that but this show has been going on for twenty long weeks and I just miss being home all the time with my husband and children. I have a huge support system here with me, my husband, children, and grandchildren, minus baby Toni, Trevor's parents are watching her. Jackie, my parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews are also here.

Janet isn't here though and I completely understand. Her brother recently passed and I know she has been having a hard time grieving. If I wasn't doing shows, I would be there with her all the time but I still am there for her, just not in her presence. We always talk and text on the phone. I haven't asked if she was coming to my last show because I didn't want to bother her about that when she was literally grieving. I know how that feels and I completely understand.

Right now I'm just in my dressing room while Marie does my hair. Everyone went to get something to eat and they should be back in an hour. I already ate so I'm not hungry and I don't really like to eat right before I go on stage because I still get nervous. I don't want to throw up or feel like I have to shit on myself. I heard a knock on my door and Marie stopped doing my hair so I could get it. It's probably one of the producers or directors.

I opened the door and gasped. I hugged her tight and she did the same. I missed her so much.

"Marie, can you give us a few minutes please?" She nodded and left out of the dressing room while closing the door behind her. I locked it not wanting anyone to interrupt us. "I missed you so much, Janet." I spoke as we sat down on the couch.

"I missed you too, it's just been so hard these past two months."

"I know Janet, I understand."

"I know you do, thank you." She quickly hugged me before pulling away. "How are you doing?"

"Good, great actually. I feel accomplished with this mini tour and life is just good. You know, I have my days with lupus but I was lucky enough that they didn't occur when I had shows. How are you?"

"Getting by." She spoke with a deep sigh and I nodded. "I feel better than how I felt yesterday, now that I'm seeing you."

"Aww don't make me blush." We laughed.

"But seriously, I'm just getting by. It was extremely hard at first, I didn't even get out of bed, didn't eat, didn't do anything. I canceled a bunch of shows because I just needed to be by myself. I sent Eissa to be with Paris, I didn't want him to see me like that."

"Aww Janet."

She nodded, "And then one day, Darius waltzed into my house and talked some sense into me, but not to make him sound inconsiderate, you know."

"Yes, I know."

"Yeah, and he helped me get back to myself, in more ways than one."

"Ouuu girl." We shared a laugh and gave each other a high five. "I know it might be too early to ask this but do you love him?"

"Umm I don't know, I fall in love hard and fast and I'm trying not to do that this time around but I'm getting old. I just want someone who's all about me... but I don't know if it's him because of our age difference. I don't want him to find someone younger or cheat on me because he wants a child and I can't give that to him."

"Ohh Janet, don't feel like that. Has he talked to you about wanting children?"

"No, but I have mentioned that I don't think I want any more children."

"And what did he say?"

"He kind of just laughed it off, but not in that way."

"Mmhmm, you two need to have a conversation about that because it seems like you two are getting a bit serious."

"Yeah, we kind of are."

***

Nobody's POV
December 25

"Oh my baby, you look so cute." Peyton gushed over her daughter as she dressed her in a Christmas hat and matching onesie. Baby Toni kicked her legs as she babbled. "Yes my baby, you're so pretty."

"Aww look at my sisterrr!" Indi gushed and baby Toni screamed. Peyton laughed and shook her head. Their bond is very strong even though baby Toni was just born. She wonders how their relationship will be when they get older.

"I see baby, this is her first Christmas."

"Ohh, she gets a lot of presents?"

"Not really because she's still a baby."

"Oh okay." Peyton picked her up and walked downstairs.

"Look who's readyyy." She gushed and everyone awed.

"Look at Honey's baby." Toni spoke while admiring her granddaughter who babbled.

"She looks so cute Pey."

"Thank you, Jr."

"You're welcome." He grabbed his niece from his sister and sat down on the couch with her in his arms. The family talked amongst one another and laughed. Soon it was dinner time and everyone rushed to the dining room.

"I hope y'all washed y'all nasty hands." Evelyn said and everyone left out of the room. They all came back one by one with clean hands. "Good, now who's going to say Grace?" They stayed silent and looked around.

"Hmmm..."

"Ummm."

"Me, I do it!" Indi excitedly exclaimed and Kenny looked at her.

"Do you know what to say?"

"Yess."

"Okay baby, go ahead then."

"Thank you for the food and don't make us fat, and don't make us sick, and make us sleep good." Indi spoke quoting some of what she heard Tamar say a few times. "Amen!"

"Amen!"

"That was good baby." Trevor said and rubbed Indi's shoulders.

"Thank you, daddy." They sat down and ate the delicious meal that most of the family made. Once dinner was eaten, it was time for gifts. The family loaded into the living room to watch the younger children open their gifts.

"Look what I got Paw Paw." Indi gushed over her Barbie toys.

"I see them, baby." Indi mostly got toys and some clothes. Sienna got new electronics, sneakers, and some clothes. Jr. got a PS5, games to go with it, sneakers, and a new iPad. Kayleigh got a PS5 too, and girly games to go with it along with a pink controller and a few Pandora bracelets.

Peyton got jewelry from her husband, perfume, and some makeup. Baby Toni got a bunch of clothes, baby booties, some teething toys, and some hair bows.

Kenny gifted Toni a few pairs of heels, jewelry, perfume, and Chanel purses. Toni gifted Kenny a collection of watches, a Versace robe, a few pairs of cufflinks, and cologne.

***

Excuse any errors 💘