13

Nobody's POV
March 25

Kayleigh sat down at the island table and ate her pancakes and eggs. Toni came downstairs into the kitchen and began making her cup of tea.

"Mommyyy."

"Kayleighhhh."

She chuckled, "Can I come with you to the dance studio today?"

"Umm I'll be there for a long time and your father will be at work so he won't be able to pick you up if you are ready and I'm not done. Are you sure?" Toni questioned as she added some honey to her cup.

"Yes, I just want to be with you."

"Aww baby, wait, don't you have school today?"

"No, they're on a trip."

"Oh, how come you didn't let us sign the slip?"

"The teachers and principals were picking favorites so I didn't get one. I told you and Dad that yesterday but I don't really care though because I'm your favorite." She said with a smile. Toni chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Okay baby, I'll be ready in about an hour." Kay nodded and after she finished breakfast, she headed to her room to get ready. Toni ate her breakfast and soon heard footsteps coming her way. She smiled, she knew those footsteps from a mile away. "Good morning love."

"Good morning baby." Kenny pecked her lips and she smiled. "You're going to the dance studio today?"

"Yes, Kayleigh is coming with me."

"Oh really? That's nice." Toni nodded. "Wait doesn't she have school?"

"Yes, but they're on a trip and she didn't get a slip because the teachers and principals picked their favorites. She claims that she told us that she wasn't going to school today, but I don't remember that." Kenny chuckled.

"Okay, have fun. I hope she doesn't bug you."

"I hope she doesn't bug me either." The couple finished eating breakfast together and headed upstairs to get ready for their day. Toni had on a camouflage sports bra with her black Nike shorts. She then put her hair in a messy bun before throwing on her comfortable shoes.

"Mommy I'm ready, oh hi Daddy!"

"Hi baby, I see you're hanging out with your mom today."

"Yes I am, I'm excited. I'll be sure not you bug you." Her hair was in a high puff and she wore a black tracksuit. She paired her outfit with a few accessories and her white Crocs.

"I'll be sure you won't." They laughed. "I'll see you later baby."

"Okay love, have fun with your twin." Kenny laughed while Toni rolled her eyes. They said goodbye to Kenny before walking out of the house. Kay sat in the passenger seat and Toni sat in the driver's seat.

"What songs will you be performing at the show?"

"Umm the ones that most people know, it will be like back and forth between Cedric and I. Do you get it?"

"Umm not really but I'll be there to watch you when you perform, right?"

Toni chuckled, "Yes you will." After driving for about thirty minutes, the mother and daughter duo arrived at the dance studio. "Here take this sweater, you might be cold because you won't be dancing." She nodded and took her mother's sweater.

"Thank you." They walked inside where all of the other dancers and Toni's instructor were waiting for her.

"Hi, guys! Am I late?"