11

Nobody's POV
February 23
1:45 PM

Toni had woken up early to go to the dance studio. She is doing a Las Vegas Residency with Cedric the Entertainer. Today is her second day going and she knows that she will be there more often, which is not what Toni is trying to do. A couple of months ago she had a health scare, a major one, that almost killed her. She's trying to take it easy but now it's crunch time!

"Hi, Mommy."

"Hi, baby. When is your lunch?" Evelyn spoke over the phone with her daughter. She knows that Toni is practicing for her Las Vegas Residency but she misses her. "Or did you take your lunch already?"

"No I didn't Mom and it's in thirty minutes, why?"

"Trina and I are going out for lunch. We would like for you to join us if you want to."

"Oh! Of course, I'm at the dance studio."

"Okay, we'll be there just in time."

"Alright, see you." Toni hung up the phone and got up from her chair. She and her dancers finished the routine to 'Please' for the next thirty minutes. Once they were done, Toni told them to take a two-hour break. She then headed outside and saw her sister's car waiting for her. "Hey guys!"

"Hey Tone, how is work so far?"

"Good, tiring. I'm just ready to eat."

Evelyn laughed, "Like always child. We're going to Johnny Rockets."

"Yesss Mom! I'm gonna get fat though."

"Girl hush! You need to eat anyway."

"I do eat. You see I'm getting thick Mom." Toni said and she looked behind her. Evelyn laughed and shook her head.

"I see girl." Trina said playing into her sister's antics. Toni cackled. They drove for a few more minutes before pulling up at the diner. Toni eagerly got out of the car leaving her sister and mother behind. She opened the door and immediately got seated since she comes here all the time.

"Hi Toni, the usual?" The waitress, Constance asked. She has been working there for about five years. Toni nodded as she sat down in the booth.

"Yes! And my mother and sisters are here too."

"Okay, the usual for them too?" Evelyn walked up behind her and nodded.

"Yes. Thank you." Trina and her answered and sat down in the booth with Toni. The waitress nodded and walked off with their orders. "You must be really hungry?"

"Yes, I am! I'm not going to be able to eat all because I don't want to throw up when I dance."

"Ohh okay." A few minutes later the waitress walked over to the table with their food and drinks. Toni got a burger called The Rocket Double and loaded fries with a vanilla milkshake. Toni bit into her juicy burger and her eyes damn near rolled to the back of her head. Trina chuckled, "It's good Toni?" She rapidly nodded.

"So good." They held small conversations while eating their food. Surprisingly Toni ate all of her food. The waitress came and took away their dishes.

"Anything else?"

"No—"

"Just a chocolate milkshake to go." Evelyn spoke. Toni and Trina were in shock. Their mother doesn't really like sweet things.

"For who?"

"My baby Logan."

"Ohh." Logan is sort of living with Evelyn and she doesn't mind it at all. She loves having her grandson over.

***

6:37 PM

"Ugh, I'm so tired." Toni spoke and she lay in the bed. She had come home about an hour ago and ate a bit before going in the shower. She snuggled underneath the covers and closed her eyes. Toni then heard the door open and someone get in the bed. She knew it wasn't her husband because he was still at work. "Who is that?"

"Sienna."

"Mmhmm, what do you want?"

"Are you tired? I can bother you later." Toni softly chuckled.

"You're already in here."

"Okay, are you going to be filming that day?"

"What day?"

"The day in March... or around that day."

"Yes, why?"

"Won't you be sad?" The reality show, The Braxton's, is coming to TV in August. The only reason why the show is coming back is because that's what Traci wanted before she passed. That was her wish so they are doing it to honor her.

"I will, everything makes me sad nowadays."

"Mommy don't say that."

"Why not? It's the truth."

"We make you happy, Daddy makes you happy."

"Yes, you guys do. So I should say most things make me sad."

"Still no." Toni laughed. "But it's better than what you said before."

"Mmm."

"I'm scared for you to be back on stage after your incident."

"Sienna..." Toni started and sighed. Sienna is their worry child. She worries a lot and overthinks. "Why are you scared baby? I'll be fine."

"I just am... it's been a while since you've been on stage and I know you're doing it for your fans but your health is more important."

"I know that baby, but the doctors say that I'm fine. And when I have my next check-up in the next few months, they'll let me know if I'm good to tour."

"Tour?! You're not touring."

"Who's not touring?"

"You!"

"Why not?" Sienna shrugged and laid next to her mother.

"I'm just scared for you."

"Baby."

"I am mommy... you almost died and almost every day I think about that and I get sad." A couple of months ago, Toni had a major health scare. Her heart was aching and when she went to the doctor, they ran many tests on her. She almost had a heart attack and the doctors caught it just in time. If the heart attack happened, Toni wouldn't have survived.

The doctors told Toni that it was her sister watching over her because by right she should've been dead. Even though Toni got a stent put in her heart, she would eventually need bypass surgery because if she had a heart attack, she wouldn't survive.

"I think about it all the time just like you baby. I don't know..." Toni sniffled and Sienna hugged her.

"I'm sorry mommy, I didn't mean to make you cry."

"It's okay baby."

"No, it's not, I didn't mean to bring it up and make you cry, I'm sorry."

"Si, it's okay."

***

Excuse any errors 💘