0:8

authors note; future chapters might get , 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂

memorize this...

Denji felt a mix of emotions, disappointment, confusion, a feeling so indescribable it caused him more frustration than needed

Denji felt a mix of emotions, disappointment, confusion, a feeling so indescribable it caused him more frustration than needed. his eyes stay fixed at the bowl of rice in front of him, he couldn't bring himself to eat, he fiddled with the chopsticks, and uneasy feeling bubbling in his stomach. the sound of power and y/n chatting over breakfast and the screeching of the coffee machine drowned out by his thoughts.

——

He walked almost like a zombie, completely drowning out powers loud voice as they walk through the corridors of the headquarter. the whole day seemed like a blur, like he was on autopilot while retreating into his brain.

——

"this is a written apology for damaging property, this is... confirmation for the use of a devils corpse" Makima leaned over denji's shoulder, looking down at the paper, her breath grazing his neck, something she knew would make him flustered, but for some reason.. he didn't react at all.. 'strange'... makima examined the boy's face for a moment. "And.. this is from the ministry of land infrastructure, and transit.. Stamp here, and here for this one.."

Makima watched as denji blankly following instructions, he scribbled his signature quickly. Eyes void of any emotions as he stares at the now fully filled out paper. Makima gently trace her fingers down his arm. leaning closer to his ear. "All the paperwork must be frustrating... Looks like you're getting punished even though you killed the bat devil." Makima cooed, sympathizing with the blonde, but he stayed blank, not acknowledging her whatsoever. Makima stares at him intensely, trying to understand what could be so bothersome. "Denji, is something bothering you..?"

a silence grew between the two, makima staring patiently at the boy for and answer, the sound of chalk hitting paper filled the room. until, denji finally found the words to explain. "I...I finally got my hands on something i'd been chasing all this time.. but once i grabbed onto them, it was.. no where as great as i thought it would be.." denji paused, his words linger in the air as he takes a deep breath. "And now, it's like... when i have a different goal, when i finally reach it.. Am i gonna think it was better when i was just chasing after it..?isn't that just the shittiest feeling..?" Denji sighed out, continuing to scribble on the paperwork. Makima paused for a moment to process what the blonde had said, bringing her hand up to her chin in thought as she articulated her thoughts. "What are you talking about denji..?" denji lowered his head and focused on the paper, ashamed to admit the his goal was so perverted. " I- I'm talking about getting to feel someone's breasts for the first time and it not being anything special."