00

2nd Year - 1992

"Ron! Get back here!" Harry Potter shouted, sprinting after his best friend. The two dashed down the hallways of Hogwarts, hearts pounding with a mix of fear and excitement. They were determined to reach the Great Hall without getting caught. Unlike their classmates, Harry and Ron had missed the train to Hogwarts and found themselves stranded with no other option but to take a flying car.

Their journey had been nothing short of chaotic. They had dodged branches, nearly collided with the Hogwarts Express, and faced multiple close calls before finally arriving at the school. Ron's wand had snapped in the process, adding to their troubles.

As Harry tried to catch up with his red-haired friend, he spotted a young girl comforting a first-year student.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I missed my parents in my first year too, but you're going to have so much fun! Plus, you can always borrow my owl to send letters," the girl reassured.

Harry paused, hiding behind a nearby pillar to listen. The first-year student sobbed and sniffled, but the older girl's words seemed to provide comfort. "And before you know it, Christmas will be here, and you'll get to go home for a bit. In the meantime, try to make some friends! It will help, I promise."

The first-year nodded and thanked the girl before running off to the Great Hall. As the girl stood up, she noticed Harry hiding behind the pillar.

"Hello?"

"Oh, uh... sorry. I just... sorry," Harry stammered. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but he was glad he did. He found himself captivated by the girl with the curly brown hair and golden flecks in her light brown eyes. Her dark tan skin was adorned with freckles, and she was undeniably pretty. Hermione's hair was nowhere near as curly as this girl's.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to stare?" she asked, growing annoyed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to watch. Did that girl miss her parents?"

The girl nodded and sighed. "It's common for first-years. I was the same way. I try to help them as much as I can." Harry's cheeks turned bright pink, and he fiddled with his glasses. "That's kind," he responded, realizing how difficult it must be for new students. He had always been surrounded by friends and admirers, but he now understood the challenges some students faced.

"Thanks, I'm Briar Rose," she said, extending her hand. Harry shook it, feeling a mix of confusion and delight.

"And you are?" she asked, with a knowing smile.

Harry blinked in surprise. "I'm Harry Potter."

"I know who you are," Briar laughed, "but I thought you might want the chance to introduce yourself."

Harry grinned, appreciating the gesture. "Well, Harry Potter, you better get to the Great Hall. I'm sure Dumbledore will start his speech any moment now."

Harry nodded, watching Briar wave goodbye and head to the Great Hall. As she walked away, he noticed the Gryffindor robe and tie she was wearing. A large smile spread across his face, knowing he would see her again. He turned and sprinted to catch up with Ron, his thoughts lingering on the encounter. The chaos of their arrival seemed distant now, replaced by a newfound excitement and curiosity about the girl named Briar Rose.

Briar Rose Calista-Laurier

"Not in a million years, Potter."

Harry James Potter

Harry James Potter

"Go out with me Briar Rose?"

ALL CHARACTERS FROM THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES AS THEIR SELVES