Cur(ridicul)umn(e)

I thought school was a place to learn
not jail;
6 cruel hours of jamming info in our heads and we're ready to bail

When you're gone for a period they call it a skip
coz they don't understand sometimes we need a break to send anxiety away on a trip.
Sometimes I don't think they see we're all stressing, not sure what to do. Just guessing.

Some teachers will never understand that we get mentally unwell;
when we talk about illness they think it's lies we tell.
So explain to me how I can magically get a doctor's note excusing a panic attack. They don't know how many times I broke down in those damn bathrooms coz I couldn't take it. That's the only way I can react.

How can I focus on class
when problems are weighing on me in a huge mass? What am I suppose to do when my brain is a second away from exploding?

The curriculum these days... I'm telling you it's wrong; making kids stress, cry and pretend to be strong.

But now..

Maybe they'll listen cause I wrote this in Times New Roman 12 point font. Lately format matters more than the curriculum being taught. What happens when quality is worth less than quantity? Just because I didn't write 3 pages... "I'm so sorry I could only stay awake til 5:30...a.m."

I may be Asian, but english is the first language I speak; they keep making me take classes coz they think my grammar is weak. Now maybe they think they're wasting their time, teaching me the "proper way", since all I do is rhyme.

Schools are enforcing a fucked up system where I'm told "your ideas must be small".
That imagination is field of weeds
and you need to destroy it all.

Today it's all about conforming to society. Why stand out when you can blend in?
Lately being different feels like a goddamn sin.

Dreaming about what I love,
I dream big.
They told me "don't risk it all, life's a gamble. A game that's probably rigged."

but they also said "to chase your dreams you need to reach for the sky"
but I think they forgot... I'm 5"2 and that's too high.

When art is no longer about freedom of expression
and instead about perfection.
Apparently the lines I draw aren't beautiful unless they're straight.
So what if they're crooked, wavy or even bi? Funny how people turn an angry eye, when I say "I support LGBT".

Isn't it odd that factoring equations
seems more easier than handling real life situations?
don't you think that's a problem we need to solve?

Wasn't school suppose to teach me about life? Wasn't 18 years of learning suppose to make me more than just a future house wife?
coz I don't get taxes or bills or what the hell's an IRS
but it's all good right?

I can damn well pass a test.

~~ ^w^v ~~
Hey guys hope you're all doing good. Ermagerd who started school already? I haven't yet but I start in about 3 weeks. Oh my I'm stressing.... Hope you're all coping with the stress well. Stay calm, lovelies!!

Also if the title is weird I tried to combine curriculum and ridicule ok? lol it's the middle of the night/morning... lol

@TheLameOne_ lolol I'm working on the pasta poem lol must eat some noodles and be inspired lolol

Hope you guys enjoyed this poem!! Please vote and or leave a comment and let me know what you think!! Also send me a message or something introducing yourself! I love getting to know my readers and fellow authors!