Leslie

We had the quiz test yesterday; it wasn’t just the both of us. Technically everyone that failed the quiz had a rewrite.

I was quite relieved that we didn’t have to deal with another test for the next coming weeks, but it didn’t mean I would stop having my tutoring sessions with Isaac whom I hadn’t seen since we wrote yesterday.

“I think Isaac is dating both of them”

“Who do you think has the best chances with him?”

“My sense of novelty would say the frail girl has more chances; everyone can tell he is swoon over her. He’s always watching her.”

“At the library- “the two girls squirm like they have just remembered something.

“Oh, I’d die to have a boy look at me like that, Cass and Isaac are like the popular couple but that girl and Isaac- that’s the deal breaker.”

I tried not to move in my toilet seat, I only needed a minute to cry and now here I am eavesdropping on high school girls talking about love and relationships.

I even stopped crying as I thought about moments between Isaac and I, looking for the deal breaker but instead I found a lot of Frank and Lisa. I didn’t know how to feel about that.

Next class was biology, Isaac would be right next to me, and I’d get glances from every corner of the classroom. I pulled on my hoodie and came out as soon as the restrooms were empty. I walked along the halls and into Biology I went finding my seat by the wall, and as I expected. It’s like it voluntary happened, Isaac walked to sit beside me then he looked at me. I kept my eyes down but instead he turned my head to him, and our gazes met.

“Can I take this off?”

I nodded and he reached for my hoodie. He pulled it off then tucked my hair behind my ear.

“Perfect.” He patted my head and I looked down breaking our gaze as I felt a lot of eyes on us.

His eyes never left me and when class started, he held my hand, and we sat like that.

Days went by with the two of us like this and before I knew it, it was weeks down the line and I was better. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner thanks to Frank. I was improving in my grades thanks to Isaac, and I also have gotten comfortable and adaptive thanks to Lisa and the therapist.

“I can’t get through.” I sighed moving up and down the room.

The one time I decided to conquer my fears and go to a boy’s house, the storm had put the entire town on shutdown.

“You need to calm down, Lisa knows you’re here and she’s not worried about it because the entire family is here.”

I turned to look at him, does he think I don’t trust him? Besides the fact that he is a boy, he is a boy I very much trust and like. I looked away and tried calling again.

“Princess stop worrying about this. If you don’t want me around, then I can just give you a minute and- “

“Why are you acting like that?”

“Like what?”

“that” I said pointing at him.

He frowned, if he thought I was accusing him of something then he must know I am.

“I don’t- “

“You’re treating me different. I don’t want you to act sceptical with me, I don’t want you thinking I feel unsafe with you alone in the room or the house irrespective. You wouldn’t act like that at all if you haven’t-”

“It’s not what you think.”

“Then what is? You’re- “

“I’m being careful, I don’t want to do anything that will upset you. I care that much.”

I sat down with a frown. I opened my mouth to speak then I didn’t say anything. He crawled to sit by me at the edge of the bed.

“I just don’t want to be difficult anymore.” I vented.

“Everyone is trying so hard, and they must walk on eggshells with me while I can’t even move forward. Have I made any progress at all if I am scared that if Lisa is not around me I will probably freak out or have a breakdown. “

“I think you’ve made a lot of it; the sound of your locker doesn’t freak you out anymore and you’re opening up.”

I looked at him then nodded maybe he was right but then again-

“Don’t second think it.” I nodded again and we sat like that.

“I..” he trailed, then he exhaled.

He leaned closer and my hold on his hand tightened as he leaned further and further forward until our foreheads touched.

“I promise to stop if you tell me to.” Then our noses touch.

“Say something.”

“Don’t...”

His pecks my lips sightly as he intertwined our fingers, my whole body felt like it was melting from the inside, but I didn’t want him to stop so I fell into the kiss, and it deepened. Heat built up on my body like a rushing wave that went back and forth, and I felt a certain need for him.

His free hand trails around my body and found its way under my top. I placed my hand over his arm, and he retreated and moved back letting me go. I slowly opened my eyes and I surprisingly find him smiling at me. I thought he would be upset that this went the other way around but that doesn’t seem to have bothered him at all. He was smiling which made my face warm and I looked down.

“Are you blushing?”

“no”

I lied, not being able to keep even a straight face.

“Looks like it though...”

Author note:

Thank you for reading, it might be crusty but I just wanted to point out that English is not my native language and also, I appreciate the support.

If you have any questions, any comments or suggestions. I'd appreciate hearing them.