Isaac

"Dude, are you ever going home?”

“No”

“Are you upset at your dad again, it’s 1am. Seriously Isaac, we have school tomorrow.”

“I need a friend right now, not some whining-“

“You better not call me a bitch if you want to stick around until morning.”

He took both game controllers and threw them on his bed, and we sat on the floor drinking soda.

“You had a fight with the fairy?”

“I’d never fight with Leslie the fuck you’re talking about?”

“Then what is going on?”

Ian had been my friend since kindergarten, that’s how far we go back. He is too stupid to be my best friend but it’s okay to classify him as such, he knows me better than anyone.

“Something happened and I’m scared of mom.”

He burst into a laugh but got serious as soon as he saw I wasn’t laughing.

“Man, are you serious? The fuck did you do? You know your mom is scary when she’s upset. Are you trying to die?”

I ran my hand throw my hair, I can’t say she’s not upset. She’s my mom and that’s Leslie, the one girl I should be taking care of and protecting and I’m out here having sex with her when I promised I’d know my boundaries.

“What happened?!”

Ian’s voice broke out pulling me from my thoughts, I was starting to forget the mess that I created back home when I was playing video games.

“She caught us.” Was my reply.

Though Ian didn’t know much about Leslie, he always called her a fairy and would say just because she is when I acquired about the nickname. I might have asked him about it because the idea that someone else had a nickname for Leslie and I didn’t, made me upset.

“Yeah man, you can use the other room. I’m not getting involved and you better not tell your mom that I knew about this.”

He patted my shoulder getting up to get ready for bed and I did the same. As soon as I got undercovers my mind wouldn’t let me sleep. Eventually I knew she’d come into terms that Leslie and I were an item, but it never crossed my mind that she’d catch us in bed literally naked. I was feeling really stupid for not locking the door.

I turned to the other side and my mind ran back and forth until it went back to Leslie. The only girl that I love, all her flaws and all her being. My own fairy...
Our evening had started off fine, I was at the verge of losing my mind not knowing whether I had lost her in the school, or she was gone and even worse in another bullying situation.

I found her with the emo kids, and I was convinced, not that they are always harmful or anything but with Less I was threading carefully.

I was convinced they bullied her because she was awfully quiet but then that happened, and I realised I had been wrong all along. Sex wasn’t anything that I wanted to pressure her about, I was fulfilled with hearing her laugh and snore. I won’t even lie I was scared, for my life and for her life. With whatever happened to her, I didn’t want to be a part of the reason why she’d break apart again and shut down again.

However, there she was ready to take a leap, I wasn’t going to deny the both of us the moment either. What my girlfriend wants, she gets that’s the motto.
And it happened, like we were in the roughest of tides and I could see her let the water consume her but eventually we made it on shore.

It was great, probably the scariest sex I’ve had in my entire life but every moment of it felt a bliss. Her rhythmic breathing and her soft skin against my own, was a reminiscing thought in my head. I didn’t want to forget tonight and getting caught wasn’t going to remove the memory from my head either.

When morning came, I found myself at the doorstep of my house, though dad was already gone for work mom was very much at home probably carefully planning my murder. I got inside and as I made for the stairs; I heard her come out of the kitchen.

“Isaac Stephan Sterlin, are you out of your God damn mind?!”

Of course the full name.

“Have you no shame? I raised you better than this!!”

I turned to finally look at her and she was holding a folk. I ran my eyes to her face, and she was angry, if not livid.

“You’re not going to kill me, are you?”

“Is this a joke to you? Is the whole situation a joke to you?!”

“We had sex, I don’t know where the big deal- “

“Isaac!!”

She took a deep breath in and let it out.

“That little girl has been through so much… so damn much and she doesn’t need you to ruin this new start for her.”

I didn’t speak, we’ve been in each other’s presence for almost a year now. Of course, I know that her life was a garden of thorns even if I don’t know what happened, but I wasn’t planning on hurting her.

“I trusted you with her, when I put her in your hands, I wanted you to help her not take advantage of her”

I frowned, that’s not even what happened.

“Her family trusted me with her, and you decided to break my trust and sleep with that poor girl just because- “

“Can you stop, I’m not going to listen to you have an entire meltdown. Leslie and I are together, and I know you don’t have much faith in me to even see me as a good guy and maybe I’m not a good guy, but I love Leslie mom.”

“Isaac-“

“No… no. This is what happens when you put two opposites together, they attract- it’s Physics. This might be shocking for you right now to process but you’re probably the only person who doesn’t know this at school. We’re two teenagers in love and it might sound stupid, but I love her with everything that I have. She makes me happy and whole. I’ve never thought I could be any selfless until I met her, the one girl I’d give the world. I might not deserve her, but I am not letting her go.”

I climbed the stairs and turned back to look at her.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.”

Then I disappeared to my room to quickly get ready for school.