Leslie

"I'm home."

I yelled closing the door, taking my bag pack off. Lisa showed up already smiling.

"Hey little sister."

"Hey... is Frank home?"

I asked coming into sight with a cake.

"Is it a birthday?"

"Go upstairs and shower, Frank will be home in a moment."

I nodded and walked upstairs with a frown. I showered and got dressed before checking my phone from a text from Isaac. There was none, why?

"Leslie"

Lisa called from downstairs, Frank was probably home.

"I'm coming."

I shoved my phone under my pillow, and I went downstairs. Frank seemed as shocked as I was.

"Both of you can sit down and stop wondering."

She giggled setting the plate down.

"I didn't cook, but there are leftover meals."
I nodded.

"I can have that for dinner."

Frank said still as confused.

"So, I have gifts for both of you."

She said handing up small gift bags. I peeked and it was wrapped.

"Don't."

I smiled looking at her. She took her phone and started recording.

"Now you can open them."

Both of us started opening the gifts.

"Wait... wait"

Frank shot with exploding happiness that I felt my anxiety spike as I wrestled with the gift wrap.

"Are you being for real?"

"Yes"

"Really?"

"Yes, wait for that one first."

She was giggling as she replied, I glanced at Frank's gift, and it was a photo frame. I looked at my gift, finally unwrapping it and it was a piece of pink clothing.

~Best aunt in the world.

"Are you having a baby?"

"It's a girl?"

"Yes"

"Oh my God, Lisa!!"

I yelled looking at the romper. A baby? And it's a girl. I didn't even realize that they'd probably be trying for a baby by now.

Frank literally started crying looking at the photo frame.

"How do you even know it's a girl. Were you hiding this all along?"

She laughed, nodding and I literally ran to hug her with my heart racing. It's okay that I was shocked, but Frank had no business crying like someone died.

We broke the hug and Frank finally stood up. I took the phone and they hugged; they were all crying. I smiled looking at them, it's going to be the best year of my life.

After the long night with Lisa and Frank I finally went to my room and got ready for bed. I retrieved my phone and saw a lot of missed calls from Isaac, so I decided to call him.

"Finally... can you believe what happened?"

I almost laughed as I walked to the window.

"Hey..."

I couldn't help it, I laughed. Why was he panicking so much?

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine, what are you talking about?"

"Well, you sound like you have been fighting for your life."

"I'm cleaning up the spare room- wait now listen. Mom and Dad are adopting Noah, a boy from our school."

"Really?"

"Really, it's crazy."

"Crazy?"

"He's coming tomorrow and now I have to move my things to the garage in the middle of the night, that's the crazy part."

I could hear him struggle carrying things.

"They had days to let me know, days. How am I going to be a productive boyfriend tomorrow if I am tired. My whole body is already aching."

I giggled.

"I can come over after school and give you a rub."

He put down whatever he was carrying.

"Oww really?"

I laughed with my face burning up. His voice sounded smooth and cocky; I can almost tell that he's making that flirtatious face of his.

"Stop or I won't come."

"Okay okay, I'd love for you to come."

He started shuffling again.

"And maybe you can meet Noah."

"Ow"

"Ow?"

I didn't mean I wanted to meet Noah, I don't think I like meeting new people at all.

"Well, I... I just remembered."

"Yes?"

"Well Leslie and Frank are having a baby."

"Wow congratulations to them. That's awesome. When did that happen?"

"Well, uhm... tonight?"

He laughed.

"Today is announcement day isn't it."

I laughed.

"Anyway, I can't meet with you tomorrow."

"Babe- "

"I will still see you at school. Okay goodnight!"

I dropped the call and exhaled. I looked at my screen a little longer smiling. My eyes rested to a figure standing at the far end of the road. It was dark but they seemed to be just standing there. I don't think it concerns me though, I've had a long day already. I shut my window and curtain then I climbed into bed. I love this new start, it's pleasant, beautiful and I am happy.