Leslie

She laughed walking off as the group followed behind her leaving me stunned. I couldn't even utter a word and it took Isaac’s touch to bring me back before I realised, I was staring into the air.

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

“I came to look for you.”

He ran his eyes around my face and sighed pulling me into a hug.

“Here I am.”

He quietly said and I broke into a soft smile. He took my hand and walked us to his car.

“Can we go to your house instead?”

He looked at me with a raised brow then nodded.

“You’re quiet.” He said as I stared at the picture in his bedroom.

It was a picture of him and I, I had gotten it printed out and gifted it to him in the form of a frame. He had told me he loved it and that he wished it could come in a bigger size so he would wake up and stare at it every day. I laughed really hard about it, and he said my laugh was contagious and so he wanted to make me laugh all the time.

“I am thinking about it…”

“About what?”

“Going to Ireland with you and your family. Lisa said I will have a really good time over there before…”

“Before?”

Before…before the trial. Before I have to relive how life was in the hole, my fears, pain and horrible moments.
But I couldn’t tell him about it, I couldn’t tell him that I was a broken person and probably pieces of what a human should be.

“The new school year.” I said looking back at him.
I gave him a smile and sat on the bed.

“I have always found your bedroom spontaneous; it feels really warm to be here.”

He gave a soft chuckle drying his hair as he stood by the bathroom door.

“It wasn’t always like this; it was always just a bedroom but at least now I had an entire reason to decorate it with a lot of colour. My room has a little bit of life and so do my grades and my own life.”
I giggled as he jumped onto the bed lying with his stomach.

“A lot of things… make sense”

He finally said with less sport and more calmness. I sat by watching his bare back, he had shorts on, and his hair still looked freshly washed. I took off my school blazer, the sound of my school zipper made him snap his head and look at me.

It has been in my head a lot, these damn books we read.

He carefully watched me as I stopped pulling my zipper and started unbuttoning my shirt.

“Leslie…”

I didn’t want to give him a minute or a moment to tell me that I wasn’t really. Isaac might have not known what went down in my previous life, but he was careful, careful that he knew what would upset me...

Careful enough to not overstep but we had been kissing for over months and I had stopped him twice, this one time I was ready.

I walked to the bottom of the bed and as he turned to face me, he sat up straight. His green eyes were alert watching my every move… my every gesture and I could almost swear to be hearing his heartbeat against his chest as the scenario unfolded.

He seemed concerned of the situation going wrong more than I was, and if it indeed went wrong, I’d probably end up admitted in a psychiatric hospital awaiting evaluation somewhere and he’d be here… blaming himself.

I climbed with my legs on either side of him and his hands came to rest on my thighs as I put my arms around his neck. I allowed myself to kiss him, I had listened to him tell me that he liked me then he loved me and then he showed me that he did. He had said that he loved everything about me, my ‘newly found laugh’ he called it, my hair, my face when I’m conflicted in thought and the smile I would make before running away because I was shy.

I pulled my hands behind his head and ran my hands through his hair as we kissed.

“Les…” His voice broke between our lips as he pulled my arms making me stop and look at him.

“I love you.”

I confessed.

“I know… but that’s not how you tell someone you love them baby. It’s not even how you show them that you do.”

His voice broke in suppressed need and desire.

“I know…”

I said back to him, still sitting on top of him almost half naked.

“Leslie”

My name rolled out of his mouth like a song worth humming to.

“You’re making this really hard for me.”

“It shouldn’t be hard; it only makes sense that we let this happen.”

I convinced taking his hand and running it under my skirt, He cussed under his breath, and I could feel him try to hold himself together, but I didn’t want him to be fighting himself. I wanted to feel every moment with him, and I knew I could trust him. He had always been extra careful, I had no doubt I could trust him, but I needed to know if I was fighting the demons in my head, as they had said that I was healing.

I felt his grasp underneath tighten and he turned as over catching me off guard. He looked at me for a good minute before he exhaled, though he was saying if this was what I wanted then he was going to give it to me.

“Promise to look at me.” He said as he removed the rest of the clothing.

I have him a nod.

“Talk, I want to hear your voice.”

“Yes…”

It has been months since we became acquainted with each other, and in those months, we had fallen together like puzzle pieces. I doubted a lot of things in my life but things like love and relationships wasn’t one of them. I knew that there were different kinds of relationships. My mother’s, Lisa’s, Mrs Sterlin’s and my very own. I knew there was the toughest, the sweetest and the bitterest of love. At the end of the day love was love and so were relationships.

Though it all seemed complicated, mine wasn’t nor was Lisa’s and while Mrs Sterlin’s was complicated, my mother’s wasn’t instead it was a love she shared with not just the man but the drug the man gave her.

“Stay with me.”

Isaac pulled me yet again from my thoughts and my hand tightly held his and he pushed himself in.

“Look at me Less”

His concerned voice shot through pulling me back to him again as tears blinded me. It felt like I was suffocating, and a war was going in my head, but I knew I had to pull through. I only had to find him and so I closed my eyes and opened them again coming into view with his beautiful pair of eyes.

“I’m okay… I’m okay.”

I confidently said as the storm quiet down within me.