Leslie

Mrs Sterlin was sweet, his dad was the cool dad. They were both comfortable with each other, but Mr Sterlin was always at work. That didn’t stop the love between them, they laughed like a couple newly married, and Mr Sterlin had a lot of jokes and stories about patients that never stopped making his wife laugh. Isaac was right, his family was doing good, and they were comfortable with the presence they poured into each other’s lives.

“Will you come watch me play?” Isaac asked prompting himself into the library chair besides me.
He had a lot of things he enjoyed in his youth with one of them being Lacrosse.

He loved the game that he played, and he loved being the captain. I also enjoyed watching him play, and I noticed that he had plenty of friends who liked the idea of me and him.

I gave him a nod.

“You know it’s okay if you don’t want to come watch.”

“don’t be stupid, I’d not want to miss the last game of the season for the world.”

I whispered caressing his cheek.

“I won’t miss the opportunity to watch you play out there either.”

I said with a smile, he tucked my hair behind my ear and stole a kiss making me giggle before I went back to my books. We studied for a long-given hour before he had to go practice leaving me to myself.

I had assured him I was going to be at the library for the next three hours and he made a promise to come find me soon as practice was over.

“Are you happy about what happened? Getting Cass kicked out just because you’re some whore who wouldn’t leave her man alone?!”

That caught me off guard.

I had left the library 30 minutes ago to go to the restroom and manoeuvre to the field to watch Isaac before practise ends. Instead of bumping into Isaac I pumped into… I guess a friend of Cassandra. She was slim and model tall, she actually looked more beautiful than her friend Cassandra. She had her arms folded, at least she wasn’t going to beat me up unprovoked.

I was mastering the courage to look at her, but it was hard, she was rather intimidating for me. Her angry , bitter attitude made me feel like I was getting bullied for lunch money.

“You might think you fooled everyone with your innocent little act and pretty face but I want you to know that girls always see girls for who they are so you might as well go back to whatever hole you jumped out of.”

Then she pushed past me pushing me aside and I fell to the ground with my butt. I exhaled with relief feeling a lump in my throat, I got up and dusted myself off. I didn’t like this at all, I got a sense of anger that I just went and felt like some stupid kid who can’t fight for herself.

“I think you can take her.” A voice shot up behind me causing me to turn.

She had her arms folded and her entire weight rested on her one leg, so I took in her whole appearance. Though I didn’t know her, her emo look was insanely hot. She had a few buttons off her white school shirt showing her neck pieces. She had a lot of black liner in her eyes and lips and her school skirt was short accompanied by torn nets and black chained boots. Her striped red and white school tie lay carelessly on her body.

“It takes 20 minutes of my time to remove the look and 30 minutes to wear in back on. It’s some stupid school rule but we must agree, this is what dressing up for school means.”

She walked to stand beside me, her whole entire being gave nonchalant and I noticed then that she had an entire group behind her. Of course, she’s the emo Queen of the school.

How could they pass over my head like that.

“So why do you let everyone do what they want with you, are you that weak?”

She asked like I was stupid for it, like she didn’t understand why I was so easy to walk over.

“Unfortunately,”

I thought I had replied but then I didn’t reply, I sighed as she ran her eyes on my face.

“She looks… like the last flower in a burning garden.”
She told her group of friends, scanning my face pity overtook her own.

“A deserted flower in a burning garden”
She said the second part to herself.

“Leslie”

Isaac’s voice came from the other side of the field and the emo Queen gave a side smile and started walking backwards.

“I can feel it… fire is catching Princess.”