Chapter 46

Charles

"We know who is Charles Leclerc's new mystery girl!" the headline on the tabloid website proudly proclaimed. Under normal circumstances, I would never have clicked on such nonsense, but Joris kept urging me to prepare myself for the storm that would probably soon follow when this information got out. It can't be that bad right? How could they find out who Anna really is?

Anna Linwood, a talented chef from London, who has been surrounded by all sorts of controversies for most of her career. But being fired for misconduct, is far from the biggest bombshell we're going to detonate today.

The twenty-two-year-old Englishwoman probably didn't get to Leclerc just by chance. Anna has Formula 1 coded deep in her DNA. Now hold on because her father is none other than Sir Lewis Hamilton!

"Fuck!" I gritted my teeth and looked at Anna, peacefully sleeping beside me on the bed.

After much speculation, this information was confirmed by a source close to Anna, and we will be impatiently waiting for her and Lewis' statement.

"Why are you frowning?" Anna asked sleepily and reached out her hand to caress my cheek. I turned to her and planted a kiss on her palm. "Is something bothering you?"
"No, it's nothing," I smiled reassuringly at her and tried to distract her by turning on my side and started running my hand up her exposed thigh. "I can tell when something is going on," Anna didn't give up. I sighed and thought she would figure it out sooner or later anyway and I could imagine how upset she would be if she knew I kept it from her. I unlocked my phone, went to the page I closed a moment ago, and then turned the screen to Anna. She squinted in the harsh light, and I watched her expression slowly change.

"Who could have told them?" she asked rather calmly and handed the phone back to me.
"Who knew about this?"
"Just you, Joris, Daisy, Uncle Will and Ada, and..." she trailed off.
"And?"
"My former boss James," she growled.
"Do you think he told them? What reason would he have for that?"
"What do I know? Maybe they offered him a lot of money for it," she grinned and ran a hand through her hair in frustration.
"Are you okay?" I wanted to know. "You'll probably have journalists flocking to you like vultures now."
"It would have come out sooner or later anyway. Now that we've solved all the previous problems, it would be weird if there was a period of calm," she sneered.
"I probably underestimate you. I expected that to make you more upset," I laughed.
"That's a big mistake, Charles. Never underestimate me," she grinned and raised her eyebrows dramatically. "When you underestimate someone, they usually give you a nasty surprise," she added before disappearing under the covers and tugging hard on the hem of my underwear.

"I've always hated talking to the press about personal things, but you're my only daughter and you deserve that I finally act like a father. So, if you don't mind, I'm going to face it head-on and tell them everything," Lewis decided when we met for lunch later that day to resolve this crisis.
"You don't have to exactly tell them everything," Anna pointed out and I nodded. Some things the public doesn't need to know about, namely their damaged relationship in previous years.
"You're right," Lewis admitted. He assured us that he would consult everything with his PR team and send us the statement before they publish it. And we had no choice but to pack up before moving to Barcelona.