Epilogue

"I would like to thank each and every one of you for the past two years. We've been through a lot together and to win the Constructors' Championship with Ferrari is really a dream come true. I want to thank everyone for the hard work they did for the team and for me, Fred and all the engineers for the decisions that led to this great success. I also have to thank my family. Anna, you are the best daughter a father could ask for," Lewis smiled tenderly at his only child. "And Charles, thanks for being a great teammate and congratulations on the Driver's Championship. I believe this is not the last time you could lift the trophy above your head."

Anna looked lovingly at her father and couldn't believe that all this was really happening. That she sees him in the red team gear for the last time. That this is actually the last time she sees him in any team gear. She was clutching her husband's arm tightly, tears rolling down her face. She was totally blown away. So much had happened in the past few months that her head was still processing it.

After all, only in the summer did Charles put a wedding ring on her finger, and already that evening she could not imagine that it had never been there before. That same month, she managed to open her own small restaurant where she could finally cook to her liking, and within a few weeks it became such a hit that tables were hopelessly booked weeks in advance. In November, Daisy and Joris announced that they were expecting a baby in April, and a fortnight later Charles secured the title of Formula 1 World Champion by winning in Qatar and at the same time confirmed Ferrari's victory in the Constructors' Championship. She couldn't believe that this was her life now. So much happiness and joy in such a short time.

"Are you OK? What are you going to do now?" Anna asked her dad worriedly, leaning over to hug him. "He'll probably cry when he realizes what it all means," muttered Charles sourly, still unable to understand his father-in-law's decision. Anna poked him gently in the ribs and gave him a hostile look, but Lewis just smirked and then shrugged. "Maybe. But most of all, I will rest and criticize you for every mistake you make in the next season," he returned to Charles. This bickering between them was the order of the day. As soon as Ferrari started to do well, all nervousness finally fell from everyone and even Lewis admitted that he could no longer compete with his younger rivals in the drivers' standings. But he did everything to help the team win.
"Criticize for mistakes and praise for successes, you meant," Anna admonished her father, who just nodded with a smile.
"Of course. And I can also give you some advice on how to deal with an annoying younger teammate," Lewis laughed, his eyes finding Ollie Bearman's disheveled head. "I have a lot of experience with that," he grinned at Charles.

Charles felt like he was in seventh heaven. He was 100 percent sure that he lacked absolutely nothing at this point. After 18 endless years, his team was once again the absolute top in its sport. And not only did they win, he and Lewis completely crushed the competition. And he thought that nothing better could come after marrying the girl of his dreams. What can be said, he was wrong.

Charles almost wished the 2026 season would never end. He was having the best time of his life and would have liked to have a few more races, but at the same time he felt absolutely physically exhausted and he was sure that a few weeks of vacation was something not only he needed, but also Anna and everyone around him. An era has just ended for him. Suddenly, he was supposed to be the one who would be the most experienced in the team, and it was a completely new role for him, but he was looking forward to it immensely. He liked Oliver. It could not be denied that he undoubtedly deserved his transfer to Ferrari with his results, and Haas simply could not offer him anything better. He remembered his beginnings in the Scuderia and knew that he would do everything so that they did not have to wait another 18 years for the next title.