1

-Author-

Hi everyone, this story is inspired by what happened to me, and I can't help but to convert my experience with Minji and Haerin >.< Basically, it's me as Haerin, my bestfriend as Hanni, and my first love as Minji. Anyway, please vote and I hope you enjoy the story a.k.a my journey to love lol.

...

2 years after the pandemic started, also known as the Covid-19, things are slowly starting to be the way they used to be, so the president had declared to start face-to face classes, but of course, schools had to take safety precautions.

Haerin Kang was on 8th grade when the pandemic started, now that almost 5 years had passed since the global outbreak, she's on her 12th grade of highschool. Who knew that 2 weeks of class suspension would turn to 2 years?

"Hey, do you know the formula for this one?" Haerin's bestfriend, Hanni had asked. "Oh, yeah. It's quite simple." The cat-like girl replied. "Teach me please?" Hanni is the school president, she's also smart and pretty, she plays the guitar as well and is a good friend to Haerin. "Sure." Haerin and Hanni are the top students of their class, ever since they were young they had been good friends. They weren't academic rivals back then, not until Haerin topped the class along with Hanni when they were on 3rd grade. Well, you can call them friendly rivals because they're still close friends, but they're literally ignoring the fact that there had always been competition when it comes to academics and performance.

"Haerin! Ms. Lopez asked me to call you, she's at the teacher's faculty." Danielle, who is also her close friend called. "Alright, I'll be back later." Haerin spoke to Hanni after nodding to Danielle. "Yes? Ms. Lopez? I was informed you were asking for me." Haerin stood infront of her professor. "Haerin! Yes, I was asking for you. As you know, the school's love fashion show is around the corner, and I want you to be one of the main models. The designers are usually the ones who picks their models, but I want you personally to be one of the dazzling models who'll wear the masterpieces our students slash designers will create."

You see, Haerin does not only excell in academics, but she's always been the most popular girl in their campus. She's multi-talented, extremely exposed to the school events and programs, the prettiest girl they know, you mention it. She was the superstar at her school, that's why she's known as almost every student's first love.

But who was her first love you may wonder? It was Minji Kim. Ever since they were still on kindergartnen, it was Minji who always showed her love towards Haerin. Haerin on the other hand, played hard to get, so it took 3 years until she also felt the same way for Minji. Lucky for her, she was still Minji's one and only love.

They started their puppy love when they were 3rd graders, they loved each other so much. But that was also the year where Haerin suddenly focused on her studies, even she doesn't know the reason why, which caused her love towards Minji to fade away.

"Do you not love me anymore?" 8 year old Minji texted through her mom's phone. Young Haerin on the other hand was busy reading her notes, she looked at the message but didn't even bother to reply. She left her on read. After that, she barely talks to Minji because she was too focused on achieving her goal of topping the class, which she did.

During her 4th grade, she had Minji and her fellow classmate, Marcus sitting in front of her. "Haerin, hold this dollar and give it to whoever you like more between the two of us." Marcus spoke and handed it to Haerin. "Oh, can I have more time? I can't choose yet." Haerin pouted, the two gave the dollar to Haerin and gave her time to decide, but it was soon forgotten because Haerin took too long to choose who to give the dollar.

She didn't meant it to be forgotten, it's just that she likes the both of them, so she didn't give the dollar to neither of them. Instead, she used it to treat herself some ice cream.

"So, are you okay with that?" Ms. Lopez asked, waking Haerin from her daydream. "Yeah! Sure, no problem!" She bowed to Ms. Lopez who's smile was up to her ears when Haerin agreed. "That's what I want to hear! Don't worry, this isn't your first time, you've been the school's model since you were little! Many students and even their guardians look up to you!"

And it's one of the reasons why Haerin was loved. She can never say no to anyone, if she does, it's mostly out of shyness, but it depends on the situation. She's the epitome of the perfect student, the perfect girl, the perfect daughter.

"I'm guessing you agreed?" Danielle spoke once Haerin got back to their classroom. Haerin sighed deeply before nodding. "You don't always have to say yes, you know?" Danielle softened her tone and relaxed her eyebrows. "I know, but it's what makes me- well... me." Haerin then looked at Hanni who seemed to be having her time with her girlfriend, Minji. She sighed once more and thought to herself "She probably figured it out already." In Haerin's thoughts, Hanni is the smarter one and the better one, she thought she just has higher performace which largely contributes to her grades, making her top the class with Hanni.

There came to a point where her family thinks Hanni's grades are higher by 0.81% because she was the principal's niece. It may be the truth, but what's also true is that Haerin has always been better.

"Anddddd... she's sleeping again." Danielle looked at Haerin who is now peacefully sleeping. She's known to be falling alsleep everywhere she goes, she might as well fall in the restroom if she can.

Which she did.