Chapter One

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

Every Wilson lightly tapped her foot on the ground as she patiently waited for her father. The busy train carried on with its daily tasks, pushing past the girl.

She squeezed the handle of her bag, tightly, feeling anxious and nervous to see her father after so many years. He was a good man to Everly. Even if faint memories is all she remembered.

"Everly?" A confused voice called out the girls name.

She snapped her head in the direction of her name and her blue eyes widened. Standing about twelve away, was a beloved father. Everlys father.

"Father!" The blonde jumped up into a sprint, and once in reach she wrapped her arms around his torso, hugging him. 

"Why, hello Everly." The man greeted with a toothy smile, then continued, "I'm glade you're finally home."

Me too.

                                             ***

It's been a week since Everlys arrival. But no one knew of the girl's presence. She was too nervous to go to school and begged her father to give her just a week before attending.

That way she would have enough time to mentally prepare...Yet, that's not what she did at all.

Everly laid on her bed, peacefully closing her eyes and imagining all the possibilities reality could be. She'd been like this for no more than two hours but couldn't stop, finding it dreadful to come back to reality.

The blonde had a huge imagination. She obsessed over fantasy novels, especially ones that included romance. However, she found the most comfort in the novel itself. Strange creatures and their unique abilities.

"How long are you going to be like this?" Her father said as he ran a hand through her scalp, causing her hair to pointed in all sorts of directions, "It's a beautiful day outside. Why don't you go get some fresh air? Instead of being cooped up in here like a chicken."

"Father!" The girl scolded, "You're messing up my curls." She waved her arms in the air, swatting away her father's hand.

He folded his arms in front of chest and let out a dramatic sigh, "Right, forgive me for ruining your precious hair."

"Oh, when will you stop being so dramatic?"

"When you go outside and touch some dirt."

The blonde stood up and put on her shoes, "I have you know, I very much enojoy nature." Everly said, pouting her lips ever so faintly.

"Not more than your books," The dad retorted.

"Of course not!"

He let out a genuine laugh but it faded as Everly got ready for her walk, "Don't get lost-Don't talk to strangers and if someone is giving you a bad feeling, come home-"