chapter 58

Scowling at him, Lisa stared at his huge silent figure, wondering what came over him.

"Why did you do that?" She questioned, her glare increasing by the second, but he didn't intend to answer her.

Her eyes moved to the two men still kneeling in place, their expressions the same as Marcos'.

Skeptical, she took a step back, "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Their faces were morphed with blank disbelief Like they were spooked by something.

Kaiden, glimpsed hesitantly at her, then at Marcos before speaking out: "Luna, did you remember what you just did?"

Lisa recounted, pausing in between her speech. "What did I do?— What do you mean by that, Kaiden?"

"You have no idea?"

"No, so you tell me what you mean by that."

She stood, gazing at the man with so much seriousness, that she failed to realize.

"You—"

Marcos interrupted him,  his cold eyes resting on her. "That's enough Kaiden. She doesn't need to know that now."

He didn't have an idea what that was.

There were some things about Lisa's background that needed to be checked. After this, he was going to contact Will.

Maybe he could give a hint about what happened earlier.

"Let him speak, would you?" She smacked his chest. "What are you concealing?"

Lisa didn't get it.

They were in the throne room together, but why didn't she know there was something wrong?

Why wasn't she feeling anything?

She tried to think back at that moment, but all she got was a blank but strange feeling.

It made her hair stand on end, and her heart pounded when a glimpse of memory flashed vaguely before her but was gone in an instant.

She held her head, losing her footing, but was caught by Marcos.

With worry in his eyes, he held her by the waist. "Are you alright?"

"Y–yes," she replied unsure.

"Don't think about it," he pressed her brows straight. "Once we are alone, I will tell you about it."

Although he planned to conceal a little bit of information in the end.

He wasn't going to tell her about the bond almost disappearing.

Marcos led her to one of the thrones— by the left, placing her on it, and sitting by the second one himself.

He called her little palm, watching her from the corner of his eyes before addressing his right and left-hand men.

"Kaiden, report." His voice boomed in the halls, echoing as deep as his, causing the two kneeling men to stiffen.

"Yes, sir!"

He fell to the front, sweat clamping his hair.

"Twenty of our territories have been invaded by the enemies, and twelve more are undergoing serious defense procedures."

Marcos let out, "What are the defense protocols you have set up?"

"Part of the elite teams have set out to aid the twelve territories in question, Your Highness."

Suddenly, his left-hand man; gamma Aiden, stepped in with a stunned expression. "Wait, doesn't that mean we have no protection in the palace?"

The hall went deafeningly silent.