004

____________________
Chapter 4!
The Valley Fest
____________________

The next morning, Bonnie woke up, put on her workout gear, pulled her hair into a messy high ponytail, and headed to the kitchen.

Robby and Zane were sitting at the dining table, eating cereal. There was a full bowl next to Robby which Bonnie assumed was for her.

As she took a seat at the table, Zane spoke, "Robby made that for you."

Bonnie turned to Robby and gave him a smile, "Thank you."

"It's the least I could do," Robby replied, returning her smile.

Bonnie felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach as she looked down at the bowl of cornflakes in front of her. She decided to ignore the feeling and shoved a spoonful of the cereal in her mouth.

After finishing their breakfasts, the two teens packed their belongings into their bags.

"My mom's using her car for work today, so we'll have to walk to the dojo," Bonnie explained, hoisting her duffel bag onto her shoulder.

Robby nodded, and the two of them began their trek to the dojo. The first few minutes were filled with silence, neither one of them knowing what to say, until Robby spoke.

"Hey, I just wanted to thank you. Yesterday I was eating cereal with water, today I got to drown my cereal in milk and I got to have a hot shower this morning!" He said with a wide smile.

Bonnie giggled. "There's nothing better than milky cereal and a hot shower."

Robby laughed, and they fell silent again. As they neared the dojo, Bonnie stopped walking, causing Robby to turn around with a questioning look on his face.

"Can I..." She faltered, wondering if this question was too personal to ask someone she barely knew. She decided she was too curious not to. "...ask you a bit of a personal question?" Bonnie asked.

"Shoot," Robby said with a nod.

"Where's your dad? How come you couldn't stay with him?"

Robby sighed, his mood suddenly shifting. "It's kind of a long story but basically my dad is a huge asshole."

Bonnie gave him a soft smile. "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, hey, don't worry... My dad's an asshole too so I understand. I wouldn't want to stay with him either," She said, and then the two of them walked into the dojo.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Daniel had asked Sam, Robby and Bonnie to meet up at the Valley Fest to put on a demonstration for Miyagi-Do Karate in an attempt to get more students. The demonstration would consist of everything they had learned over the past couple of days.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for doing this. How you feeling?" Daniel asked as he walked over to the three teens.

"It's a little short notice, but I think we got it," Robby answered.

"Good."

"I was thinking for the finale, I could do some kinda flip kick," Sam said.

"Nah, don't worry about the finale. I got it covered."

Bonnie turned, pointing towards a wooden container. "What's that for?" She asked.

"That?" He questioned, taking out a piece of ice from the cooler behind him. "You'll see."

Nightfall came sooner than Bonnie was expecting, and just like that the trio would be up next to show off what Daniel had taught them.

"Coming up next, do I have a treat for you. Please direct your attention to the LaRusso Auto booth for a presentation from Miyagi-Do Karate."

The presentation was going smoothly, despite Bonnie's nerves. She'd never shown off her Karate in a public setting, not even when she was a child.

The crowd was loving it and soon Daniel announced it was time for the grand finale.

Daniel wheeled the blocks of ice onto the stage. But before anything could happen, the lights shut off and the shouts of 'Cobra Kai' boomed in the air.

The four of them watched as the Cobra Kai students ran through the crowd towards the main stage.

Bonnie sighed, exchanging annoyed glances with Robby and Sam as they watched Cobra Kai's performance.

It was obvious that the crowd was loving Cobra Kai's performance from the amount of cheers they were getting. Bonnie wasn't sure that Miyagi-Do would be getting any new students anytime soon.