Chapter 2, S.E.E.S: Part 4

-May 9th, 2009-

"Look! There it is! Whoa....the hell is this?" Ryoutarou said, staring at the shadow that was in front of, as Kazuto and Shino ran into the train car.

"THAT is our target?" He asked, turning toward his leader.

"It has to be. There's nowhere else left to go." Shino said, just as she and her teammates nearly fell over due to the monorail they were in gaining more speed.

About an hour ago, Asuna had found a shadow appearance on the monorail system. The shadows reading, much different then their previous encounters.

"A big one." Asuna told Andrew. Just like the big one that attacked their dormitory last month.

With Andrew still unable to go out into the field for battle, Asuna had put S.E.E.S three latest members into the field.

To find and execute the shadow.

After making their way to the monorail train, alongside boarding it, the monorail would close it's doors.

Trapping the two students and their homeroom teacher inside.

To make matters worse, as the monorail was under the shadows control, the creature activated the vehicle.

To make matters even worse. If they didn't execute the shadow and turn the monorail off on time, they would crash into the next train that was on the same track up ahead.

With only thirty minutes left before collision, the team of three would take care of the shadow, executing it. With that being said, Ryoutarou would be the first to collapse on the ground, catching his breath.

"Did....Did we do it...? Did we kill it on time?" He asked.

"I don't get it...." Shino said, looking out the train window.

"Why aren't we stopping?!" She yelled, panic written all over her face.

"Still need to turn the train off." Kazuto mumbled loud enough for the other two to hear, looking toward the entrance of the control room.

2 minutes before collision

With that set in mind, the three would enter the main control room of the monorail, where Ryoutarou debated on which lever would stop the train.

"It's hopeless! We'll never figure it out!" Ryoutarou shouted, clenching his hair. He'd then look out the window, only to feel his heart stop when he saw they were approaching the train they were gonna collide with.

"How do we stop this thing?!" Shino yelled, looking at the many buttons and levers on the control panel.

1 minute before collision.

Shino would then look over to their field leader, who's been awfully quiet for most of the mission.

A calm like expression written on Kazuto's face. As if he isn't afraid that the train he was in was about to crash into another.

"How can you be so calm?!" Shino said, grabbing the black haired boy's attention.

"If we don't stop this train, we're going to die!" She yelled.

"Hm? You want the train to stop?"

"What kind of question is that?! Of course I want it to stop!"

"Okay." Kazuto said, moving toward where Ryoutarou was standing, pushing him to the side. His hand on one of the levers now.

"Oi, Kazuto...you know what you're doing right?" his homeroom teacher asked.

"I saw how this worked earlier on an arcade game."

"A ARCADE GAME?! WAIT DON'T TOUCH THAT YOU DUMBASS!"

Ignoring his teacher, Kazuto would pull down on the one lever he was holding onto.

Fortunately for his classmate and teacher, he did in fact stop the train on time.

Shino and Ryoutarou, who were covering their faces with their arms, slowly moved their arms away, seeing they were about one inch away from collision.

"Trains stopped. Happy now?" Kazuto asked.

"You have no idea....." Ryoutarou said, collapsing onto the ground once more.

"Another thing. You shouldn't call your own students dumbasses."

"I......I don't know what you mean."

-PERSONA ART ONLINE-