13.

Tamela cried, eating ice cream on her couch while looking at the tape secretly on her TV,  everyone was asleep and she's had it on for like an hour now.

Her husband gave her a package 4 days ago that was for her and she found out that Mr Morris had died, before he died he wrote her a letter and sent her the tape where her and Karen where slow dancing to Angel of the morning.

She was crying remembering the moment the video captured , but at the same time missing the two most important people at that time in her life.

Meanwhile Karen laid in bed next to Drew after they he just came inside of her, she stared at the ceiling regretting ever letting him go this further with her.

"Damn" Drew breathed out as he tried to get to normal rythm.

He turned to face Karen, she side eyed him and let out an awkward smile.

"I missed you Karen." Drew said to her, Karen didn't know what to do or say so she just smiled and nodded

He got closer to her body and pulled Karen closer to him, then he laid his head on her body.

"Dreww" Karen called before he fell asleep.

"Mmh" Drew mumbled.

"It's Linda's night." Karen said to him.

"Huh?" Drew asked.

"Go to your wife and kids man." Karen said and Drew picked his head up.

Usually when it was Karen's night he wouldn't even sleep in the same room as her, he had his own bedroom in her house.

Tonight Karen called him telling him that she wanted to fuck, which Drew happily made happen because he has been wanting to get on Karen's good terms for 3 years now. He thought that Karen was finally opening up to him.

"Really? Right now?" Drew asked and Karen nodded.

Drew sucked his teeth and he frustratingly got up, he picked his clothes up and he started getting dressed with his boxers and he put his pants on.

"I don't know what is wrong with you Karen, but I  gave you 3 years, 3 years to get out of this damn funk and you still won't meet me halfway." Drew said putting his watch on.

"Half-way? Drew you already have all your way, I don't benefit anything from this." Karen told him as he watched her get ready.

"You get to have your family, your career... your husband, your title as first lady of COGIC is not compromised." Drew said to her...

"Compromised? Nigga I'm already an idiot agreeing to stay in this sham of a marriage, just because the church accepted the situation doesn't make it right " Karen said to him.

"Make up your mind Karen. " Drew said to her.

"And next time when I say harder you go harder, when I say faster it's faster and when I say right there Drew stroke right tf there!" Karen yelled at him.

She was pissed at him talking like he was doing her a favour , the only think that stopped Karen was fear and he didn't want Drew thinking otherwise...

Karen watched as Drew aggressively slammed her bedroom door and she cackled, her hands went through her hair in disbelief... this was what she chose over her own soul mate.

She got up from her bed, went to her bathroom and she took a shower.

When she finished she went downstairs , to the kitchen to get herself a snack. Karen saw a package placed on her counter and she opened the package.

Daniel Morris sent me this before he died,
I made a copy and thought I should share.

Karen got saddened by the news of Daniel's passing, she got the tape out and played it.
Her smile as she watched the tape slowly turned into a ugly cry face as tears fell from Karen's eyes.