7: Getting Adjusted

"Hey, Weirdo! Wake up!" The voice I heard seemed familiar, but I didn't recognize it. Then in a softer voice, the person added: "Your family's worried about you."

Then I heard another voice, I couldn't tell if this voice was days later than the previous voice, but it seemed like it was. "Rels! I swear if you don't get up right now, I'm gonna stop taking you to the library!" I immediately sat up, I looked around.

Everything seemed so blurry for a second, but I could still see 4 people in this room. I blinked fast multiple times until my vision cleared, "I knew that would work" Chance, my cousin, grinned at me.

I looked around, and realized I must be at a healing center. Some people could become a healer if they wanted to, but they had to pass a lot of tests. They made so much money every month, I was kind of jealous of them.

"Cha, Chan, Chance?" I stuttered a bit before realizing, "Chance! It's really you!" I grabbed him close to me.

"Hey... don't forget about us! " Bella exclaimed. Amy and Bella popped into view, and joined our hug.

We stayed like that for about one more minute, until Aunt cleared her throat but didn't say anything. It was still sealed, so I thought she hadn't opened it yet. I read the envelope:

To: Ms. Aurelia M. Mara and her guardian

From: The prestigious, Revenrie Academy

I looked up at Aunt Mara, who nodded eagerly for me to open the letter. I opened it carefully and slowly. I didn't know why Aunt Mara was quiet, was she angry at me? I probably was gonna get scolded for my stunt earlier. I closed my eyes, scared to look. I waited for a few minutes then I opened my eyes at the last minute.

Ms. Aurelia,

The school council hopes you are aware that interfering in someone else's battle is frowned upon. We hope you understand that it wasn't even your battle to fight. Prince Carnell has complained to us by raven, and we understand why. Still, the rules say that the first person to tame the dragon will get a full scholarship. We are granting you that scholarship on the condition that you must get at least passable grades in all subjects. Esme Rinaldi, Christopher Stone, and Adriel Carnell will also be joining you this semester. Esme and Christopher assisted you on the taming of the school dragon and Prince Carnell didn't get a chance to even prove himself. Esme and Christopher contacted us and said they will be paying for their own tuition.You will be sharing the scholarship with Prince Adriel. We hope you understand these conditions. The term starts next week and you will be sent your new Revenrie Academy uniform and your required school supplies.

See you next week,

Faculty and Ms. Ruth Francine

I looked at the letter with a blank expression, not sure how to react. I understood the letter, but it was also confusing how I was even going to Revenrie Academy. I was a commoner, and someone who didn't know how to use my abilities yet.

"I got in." I stated, Aunt Mara's eyes looked wide in disbelief. I had proved the prince wrong, I was going to Revenrie Academy, even though I was a commoner. Sure I was now adopted by this woman who seemed wealthy, judging by the way she dressed, but being born a commoner would always be part of my identity.

"You got in?" Aunt Mara asked and I nodded, "Wow!...Excellent!" She clapped her hands and a bunch of confetti rained down on us out of nowhere.

I held my hands out to feel if the confetti was actually real and not an illusion. The confetti FELT like it was made of paper...