Part-18

Siddharth sat outside the ICU, his head buried in his hands, the weight of the world pressing down on his shoulders. The sterile, white corridors of the hospital seemed endless, and the antiseptic smell did little to calm his frayed nerves. He hadn't moved from his seat for hours, his mind replaying the horrific events that led them here.

The sound of approaching footsteps made him look up. Dr. Mehta, a middle-aged man with kind eyes and a reassuring demeanor, stopped in front of him.

"Siddharth," the doctor said softly, "Avneet is out of danger now. She'll be fine soon."

Relief washed over Siddharth, his tense body sagging against the back of the chair. "Thank you, Doctor," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

Dr. Mehta placed a comforting hand on Siddharth's shoulder before walking away, leaving him to his thoughts. Siddharth stood up, his legs feeling like lead, and made his way into the ICU.

Inside, the soft beeping of monitors filled the room. Avneet lay unconscious on the hospital bed, her face pale but serene. Tubes and wires connected her to various machines, and her chest rose and fell with a gentle rhythm.

Siddharth approached her slowly, his heart aching at the sight. He gently took her hand in his, feeling the warmth of her skin against his. In that moment, he realized just how much he loved her. She had risked everything for him, stepping in the path of a knife meant for him.

"This is all my fault," he murmured, guilt gnawing at his insides. "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here."

He knew the dangers of his world, the constant threat that loomed over his life. As a mafia leader, enemies were a given, and this attack was just the latest in a long line of attempts on his life. But this time, Avneet had paid the price.

Siddharth leaned down, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "I can't lose you," he whispered, his voice breaking. "But I can't keep putting you in danger either."

The decision tore at him, but he knew what he had to do. Until he found the person responsible for this attack and dealt with them, he needed to stay away from Avneet. It was the only way to keep her safe.

"I'll be back," he promised, his voice barely more than a whisper. "I'll make sure this never happens again. But for now, I have to go."

Reluctantly, he released her hand and took a step back, his heart heavy with the weight of his choice. He looked at her one last time before turning and walking out of the room, determined to protect the woman he loved at any cost.

Two days later, in Mumbai, Siddharth sat in his lavish bedroom, the city lights casting a dim glow through the curtains. He had his headphones on, listening to "Kaun Tujhe" from the movie MS Dhoni, the song made all the more poignant by the fact that it was sung by Avneet. Her voice, sweet and soulful, filled the room, a constant reminder of her presence and the love they shared.

Since leaving Punjab, Siddharth's life had become a blur of work and sleepless nights. He spent hours staring at pictures of Avneet on his phone, her smiling face bringing both comfort and pain. His meals were left untouched, and his once impeccable appearance had grown disheveled. Each day, he left his mansion in a rush, returning late at night, his eyes hollow and his mind consumed by thoughts of Avneet and the quest for vengeance.

His phone buzzed on the bedside table, but he ignored it, lost in the memories the song evoked. He couldn't escape the haunting image of Avneet lying on that hospital bed, her life hanging by a thread because of him. The guilt was unbearable, but it fueled his determination to find the person responsible.

Siddharth had thrown himself into his work, using his vast resources and connections to track down the assailant. The knowledge that someone out there knew his secret—that the multibillionaire business tycoon and acclaimed actor Siddharth Nigam was also the most feared mafia leader in Asia—gnawed at him. It was a dangerous game, and he had to play it carefully.

He stood up and walked to the window, looking out at the sprawling city below. Mumbai was a city that never slept, much like him. His mind raced with thoughts and plans, each step bringing him closer to the truth.

He had trusted few with his secret, and the betrayal cut deep. Whoever orchestrated the attack knew too much, and Siddharth was determined to root them out. He couldn't let them get away with this. Not after what happened to Avneet.

With a heavy sigh, he turned away from the window and grabbed his jacket. He had another long night ahead, another lead to follow. But as he left his mansion, one thought remained constant in his mind: he would find the person responsible, and he would make them pay.

For now, he had to stay strong. For Avneet. For their future. And for the promise he made to himself—to keep her safe, no matter the cost.

Siddharth reached the Nigam headquarters, his office, where a sea of media personnel awaited him. Cameras flashed, and reporters shouted questions about Avneet, their bond, and their relationship. Though Siddharth loved her deeply, he had never confessed his feelings. To Avneet and the world, they were just best friends, but Siddharth knew his love for her was far more profound.

The barrage of questions was relentless, but Siddharth wasn't in the state of mind to answer any of them. His guards formed a protective barrier, guiding him through the throng and into the massive building. Once inside, he took a moment to glance out the glass walls of his office, watching the crowd of fans and media, all hungry for answers he couldn't give.

He sat at his desk, running a hand through his hair in frustration. His PA, Ritika, entered the room, her attempts to flirt and impress him as futile as ever. Siddharth barely acknowledged her, focusing solely on business matters and dismissing any personal remarks she made.

"Sir, there's a meeting scheduled with the board in an hour," Ritika reminded him, her voice tinged with disappointment.

"Thank you, Ritika. Please prepare the necessary documents," Siddharth replied, his tone curt and detached.

The rest of the day passed in a blur of meetings and paperwork, though there was little work left to do. Siddharth couldn't bring himself to face his family. His sister-in-law, Vaishnavi, loved him like her own younger brother. His mother constantly prayed for him, her worry etched in every line of her face. His brother, Abhishek, was deeply connected to Avneet, considering her a sister. They all knew Siddharth was suffering, but they attributed his behavior to guilt over Avneet's injuries.

What they didn't fully grasp was that Avneet was not just a friend to Siddharth—she was everything. His love, his life, his best friend. And now, she was lying in a hospital bed because of him.

His family was deeply involved in his life, even the darker parts. His brother and sister-in-law helped with his mafia dealings, and his mother, who had mentored him, had taught him to follow in his father's footsteps—to be powerful, to help those in need, and to protect the family legacy.

They tried to comfort him, but their efforts felt hollow. They saw a man grappling with the consequences of his world colliding with Avneet's innocence, but they didn't see the depth of his love for her.

As the day turned into night, Siddharth remained in his office, the weight of his responsibilities and emotions pressing down on him. He knew he couldn't stay away from Avneet forever, but until he found the person behind the attack and ensured her safety, he had no choice.

Staring out at the city lights, Siddharth vowed once again to protect Avneet at any cost. She was his heart, and he would do anything to keep it beating.

.
.
.
.
.
Tell me what you think about Avneet's feelings. What will happen when she comes to know that her best friend left her when needed him the most?
Please vote and comment.
Next part out today.
Regards,
Blizz✨