6. Love-hate Relationships

The next lesson was about to start soon. Asami had been drawing on her own scketch book, because she likes it. She has had the book for years and there's a lot of drawings she has made during school.

Suddenly someone snatched the book from her desk. "Hey, wha-" She muttered and looked to the person who took it.

"Oh, what do you have here?" Riki inquired mischievously and started turning the pages.

"Give it back." Asami urged calmly and stood up.

Riki was like he didn't hear her and kept turning the pages. Asami tried to grap the book back but he moved it further immediately.

"These are pretty good, huh?" He said and held the book out of her reach. She took a step closer and again tried to take the book but now he moved it higher, where she can not reach.

"Seriously, give it back." She said now a little fed up.

"What are you doing, Riki?" Naomi walked from her desk, seeing what was happening. "Give it back to her." She urged annoyingly.

"No." Riki responded with a smirk.

"Really, Riki, everyone is fed up with you." She said and jumped a little higher trying to get Asami's sketch book, but she wasn't tall enough either.

"Ah, Riki just likes to get girls attention." Ren from few desks further stated sarcastically.

Then Naomi clung to his arm that held the book, she tried to pull it lower but she wasn't strong enough to that. "I'm seriously, Nishimura, if you don't listen to me now I'll hit you." She assured irascibly while still trying to get the book.

Honestly, it looked amusing how they bickered there. For sure it wasn't serious, just friendly fight. "Don't hit him." Hina calmly stated from her desk.

"He already has enough bruises." Rei added while chewing on her gum.

Then Shuji from behind Riki easily snatched the book from him, because he was almost as tall as him. "Okay, enough. Let's give the book back to its owner." He said calmly and gave to book back to Asami.

"Thanks." She thanked shyly.

"Ahh, you all are such party poopers." Riki hissed.

"No, you're just a jerk." Naomi hissed back and nudged him.

"Exactly, I don't understand who on earth raised him." Shuji said in disbelief.

"Why is it your business who has raised me, huh?" Riki snapped at him while knitting his eyebrows together. From his expression it was clear that he literally got pissed of what Shuji said. Maybe he struck the right nerve, who knows.

"Calm down, man. I was just joking. But like at least my parents didn't raise me to be an asshole all the time." Shuji ensured.

The next move was when Riki grapped Shuji by his collar and threw a punch on his face. "Riki!" Naomi squealed in shock while placing her hand to cover her mouth.

"Well, good for you I guess, but it's none of your business how I was raised, even if you were raised to be such a softie!" Riki enraged while punching him again.

Shuji punched him back. "You're fucking insane Nishimura!"

"Riki stop!" Naomi screamed next to them. All of the class had stood up now and approached the fight to end it. But honestly nobody really dared to interfene yet.

"So what?!" Riki yelled to Shuji. They all were packed around them, the boys tried to separate the two while the girls just kept screaming to stop.

"What on earth is happening here?!" Their teacher shouted after seeing the mess. Ms. Hirota had just entered the classroom and nobody noticed her due to the noise.

Now they all quieted and the boys stopped fighting. "Riki started a fight!" Misuki revelaed.

"Shut up, four eyes." Riki snapped at her. She turned around to him in disbelief, "Excuse me?!"

"Riki, don't name your classmates. And what? There was a fight here?" Ms. Hirota inquired again, as if she didn't want to believe it.

"Yes. He started it." Misuki pointed at Riki, being annoyed how he called her, but it's not like it's the first time.

"Okay, fuck I'm sorry!?" Riki cursed, still seeming pissed.

Ms. Hirota sighed. "Fine, I will have a talk with you again, and whoever were involved in this. Just get in your seats everyone!" She then commanded so they all did.

Asami sat back on her seat, taken aback of the fight that basically happened because of her. Sure, it was all Riki's fault.

Something has to be going on. Why did he suddenly get so angry when Shuji basically mentioned his parents or the ones that raised him? That's just crazy.

"So, would anyone like to tell me what really happened?" The teacher questioned. The whole class was silent, nobody said a word.

"Watanabe? Nishimura?" She inquired looking at the two boys repeatedly.

"Fine, it was me. I hit Shuji first. I'm sorry, man." Riki apologized.

"It's alright, really. I should've kept my mouth quieter." Shuji said like he wasn't mad at Riki at all.

"So, is this solved? Do I not have to mark detentions to anyone?" Ms. Hirota asked.

"Yeah, we good." Shuji assured.

"Very good. Let's just try not to fight anymore. You're all friends here, right? Friends can fight and it's normal, but still." Ms. Hirota spoke. "Well, you boys may go to the nurse if you want." She then said, noticing the slightly bleeding bruises on their lips and reddening cheeks.

"Let's go, man." Riki said and so they both stood up from their seats. Before exciting the classroom they side hugged and patted each other's backs. So, everything was alright.

◇◆◇