19. He hurts himself?

Asami's math lesson ended and she was so relieved about that. It felt like forever. And now started the longer break which can also be called the lunch break. She stood up from her seat and about to head out of the class.

A hand softly grapped her wrist on the way, which she knew was Riki. He looked like he just woke up from his nap. "Are you going to lunch?" He asked.

"Um, well yeah, after I use the restroom." She answered.

"I'm coming with you." He decided and stood up from his desk. Asami felt a little unusual, because he usually is the breaks with his boy friends. But maybe in the other hand she even liked some sort of company for a change.

"Okay." She replied with a small smile.

They walked together the corridor and Asami stopped at the ladies restroom. "I'll wait you." Riki informed. She just nodded and went inside.

Isn't he being a little too um.. friendly? Today? Like literally treating me like one of his friends. But wait.. Aren't we? He said us to be friends the other day?

Riki stood next to the restrooms, waiting for Asami, and soon she exit those. "To lunch?" He then inquired, to where she nodded.

Asami has always eat alone in the cafeteria. She hasn't complained about that, it's not so big deal for her. Or then she has just gotten used to it. But now she doesn't even have to be alone.

"Why don't you go to lunch with your best friends?" She then asked as they started their way to the cafeteria.

"What do you mean? I am. You're my best friend." He said and glanced at her.

"I am?" She inquired with a little widened eyes. It just felt weird as he said it. It's like he was lying but still it's like he wasn't.

"Yeah. Am I not one to you?" He asked calmly.

"Of course, if I'm one for you." She said and he hummed to clear his statement. So, instead of a friend she got a best friend? Even thought it felt unfamiliar and unreal for her, she smiled fortunately. And to think generally from all of her friends who is the best, Riki of course, because she still doesn't have friends other than him.

They got the trays and food from the food line in the cafeteria and then the two went to the end of a long table to sit down. Riki sat across from her and rolled up his sleeves a bit before eating, even though the other arm was still in the cast.

The two started eating, and Asami immediately noticed how good he was using his left hand. Because if she'd try to use chopsticks with her left hand, she wouldn't make it. "Are you left handed?" She asked.

"Yeah. Actually ambidextrous." He replied. She hummed as a response and as she yet quickly glanced towards his hand, her smile faded quickly. Her gaze accidentally targeted his arm that he had rolled the sleeve up for a bit.

She saw a lot of lines, pale and reddish ones starting from his wrist and going further to his arm presumably. They were scars, and yes Asami knows where those kind of scars come from. She stopped eating for a moment as her mind started spinning with so many thoughts.

He hurts himself? That's just terrible. What should I do? I shouldn't say anything about those, right? Damn, what if he even has tried to kill himself? No, I shouldn't think so. Maybe- maybe they came in some previous accident. But some of them are red! With blood!

Riki suddenly snapped his fingers in front of her face, probably seeing her space out. She snapped away from it and looked into his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked in a little confusion, but he even seemed a little amused of her spacing out.

Am I okay? I? I SHOULD ASK THAT FROM YOU?! NOT YOU FROM ME!

"Yeah." She replied calmly even thought her thoughts were screaming.

◇◆◇