Chapter 44: Speechless

NO ONE'S POV

"May hindi kayo sinasabi sa'kin dalawa." Gwen stated, looking at Jhoanna and Colet, who were both engrossed in their phones.

It was their break time, and they were the only ones left in the classroom.

Mikha had gone to the restroom for a moment.

The two looked up at their friend.

"Huh?" Colet asked, trying to appear clueless.

"Kanina pa kayo nag cecellphone, kitang kita conversation n'yo. Bat sa cellphone kayo nag uusap? Nong isang araw pa kayong ganiyan." Gwen asked, squinting her eyes at them.

Jhoanna cleared her throat and looked to Colet for approval.

Colet nodded in response.

Jhoanna then explained everything to Gwen, who listened attentively.

"That's why you were acting weird nong sleepover." Gwen stated, nodding her head as if she had realized something.

"Atin atin muna 'to. It would be better if sabihin natin kay Mikha if may proof tayo." Colet stated.

The three were unaware that Mikha had returned and was standing behind them.

They were startled when she suddenly sat in front of them with a serious face.

"Tell me what?" Mikha curiously asked.

"H-huh? W-wala, hahahaha." Colet nervously stated, which only made Mikha more suspicious.

She turned her gaze to Gwen, knowing she could get a straight answer from her.

Gwen nervously chuckled when Mikha looked at her.

Tumingin s'ya kay Jhoanna at Colet, who were shaking their heads, signaling her not to tell Mikha.

"Cr lang ako, M-miks." Gwen stuttered and quickly stood up to leave.

She hadn't even reached the door when she stopped in her tracks at Mikha's cold tone.

"Ayaw n'yo sabihin sa'kin? Fine, I'll find out myself but make sure it's just nothing because if I ever found ou-" Mikha didn't finish what she was going to say as Jhoanna nervously interrupted.

"It's about J-jeremy." Jhoanna said.

"What about him?" Mikha asked, her eyebrows knitting together.

Jhoanna looked at Gwen and Colet with pleading eyes, hoping they would speak up instead.

"Col, ikaw na." she muttered.

"Si Gwen na." Colet passed it to Gwen.

"Ikaw na, Jh-"

"One." Mikha counted, massaging her temple.

"Ikaw na kasi, Colet!" Jhoanna half-shouted in panic.

"Ikaw na, Gw-"

"Two."

"Ikaw na, Jh-"

"Thre-"

"Fine, ito na, Miks! Piskit ka, huwag ka naman manakot! Parang binibigyan mo ng ultimatum buhay namin!" Jhoanna panicky said and started telling Mikha what she saw.

"That fucker." Mikha muttered and angrily stood up, ready to beat the hell out of Jeremy.

"Tangna, Miks! Kalma!"