Chloe

Chloe, the Princess of Cinderellasburg, is fencing with her father.

Our swords clash as my father lets out grunts. I counter his every attack, careful to not let any mistakes slip through. I run from him, hopping over our statue Elephant.

"Where ya' goin'?" He huffs out with a strained voice. I don't reply as I continue running.

"Get back here!" He shouts, my blade hitting his once again. I duck from one of his attacks, jumping from our white piller onto the fountain below me. Our swords clash multiple times again before we rush onto the grass.

"Gotcha now!" I shout, running back from him. We continue fighting until I finally place my blade under his, forcing it out of his hand.

"No! No!" He exclaims in defeat.
I remove my fencing mask with pride, a smile wide on my face.

"Got ya!" I tilt my head slightly. He uses his food as a makeshift sword, plunging forward with a grunt. Strange. I dodge anyway.

"Bet you didn't see that comin'" Dad said, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Isn't that cheating?

I roll my eyes, still tilted backwards from the earlier attack.
"Dad, that's cheating."
I look at him as he also removes his fencing helmet.

He replies almost immediately. "No. That's delicious." He took a bite of his food, staring at me with a smirk.

I chuckle at his attempts of justifying his cheating.

We both walk backwards.

"Don't be so serious,  Chloe! We signed you up for Swords and Shields 'cause it was supposed to be fun." I already am having enough fun while seriously fighting, but okay.

I nod, placing my sword in it's sheath at my side.
"Well, yeah, it is, but when I'm out there, I'm not just another competitor. I represent Cinderellasburg!" I reply.

"You sound like your mother." He stated playfully with a smile. I smile back, as I always do. All of a sudden, my mother shows up. Gosh sometimes it's like she can teleport. She had a habit of appearing out of nowhere.

"Don't listen to him. Yout father's never cared what other people think." Her voice was elegant. Of course it was, she is the Cinderella. I smile at the sight of her.

"I don't have to, I'm charming!" My dad replies. I giggle at his words. Get it? Because our last names 'Charming?'

My mom smacks her lips.
"That's debatable." She says with a chuckle. I hope I can be just like her one day. Even her laughs sound royal.

My father reaches out a hand to my mom. Oh no. They begin to dance.

"Dad.." I say, obviously embarrassed.

He looks at me from behind my moms shoulder then returns his gaze to her.

"Mom!" I shout through grated teeth.
She looks back at me before looking at my father again. They start dancing as if it's the first time the met at Castlecoming.

I imagine music playing in this moment, because it'd be pretty awkward dancing without music.

They dance for a few minutes as I just stand there awkwardly, my hand on my arm. "Can you not?" I beg. My father leans back.

"You know, the first song that your mom and I ever danced to back when we were in school was called 'This is Love.' I guess it was destiny."
I already know the story!

"We fell in love at Castlecoming." My mkm says, her words flowing together.

I reply, still annoyed that my parent had randomly began dancing as if they were back at Castlecoming again.
"Yeah, I know. You tell me ever time."
This was not the first time they had danced like this around me.
"And I know you guys have a healthy relationship and all, but come on."

My dad and mom finally stop dancing as my mom walks up to me and begins speaking.
"And it's a good thing, too, or we wouldn't have been able to create this amazing family."

Now that I think about it, I know nothing about how my mom grew up. Meh, probably better not to dwell on it.

"I know you packed last night, but you think you might have room for one more pair of shoes?"

That's right! I'm going to Auradon! But what could mom mean by 'room for one more pair of shoes?' Unless...

A butler walks out, holding out a light blue gift box. My mom carefully took of the lid. The sides of the box fell down, revealing a glittering pair of glass sneakers. My eyes widen and I squeal from excitement.

"Mom! They're just like yours! But even cooler!" I exclaim, looking from my mom to the shoes. I walk up to the box and feel the rhinestones on the glass.

"You earned them, Chloe. You got straight A's last year." My mother began.

"And volunteered for the Auradon Historical Society." My father continued.

"And the thing I'm most proud of is that you're such a good person. That's why you're a great princess, and why you'll make a great queen." My mom finished.

I can't belive this.

"These are some big shoes to fill." Pun intended.

My mom looks from the shoes to me.
"Are you gonna try em' on or what?"
We all laugh as I eagerly grab the shoes. I sit on a nearby bench and take off my original blue boots, replacing them with the glass ones.

A perfect fjt.
~~~~~~~~~
A//N Eek! Chapter two!! Next chapter will take place at Auradon from both Chloe and Reds POV!!