Mom?

CHLOE
----------------

After a few more long moments of me studying the poster and Red trying to drag me away, I finally complied. We started walking when the bell rang, indicating that school started. I jumped slighty, but quickly gained composure. Red side eyed me. Kids slowly disappeared into class, and we just stood there confused.

"You two ladies should be in class!" Shouted a booming voice.

Me and Red looked to the source of the sound. Woah, it's Merlin!

"Look! It's Merlin!!" I whisper to Red before reposponding to him. "Uh, we don't go to school, well we do, but -" Red quickly covered my mouth.

"But we're... exchange students!" She replied with an awkward smile. Why can't we let Merlin know that we traveled back in time. Ack.

Red removed her hand from my mouth as Merlin practically ran down the stairs.

"Okay, exchange students mhm.. okay, follow me! You're gonna take AP Potions, which is in my office!" Merlin led us to his office, fiddling with the keys and putting it into the key hole.

Eek! I can't belive I met Merlin!

When the door opened, it just looked like a regular office. Until an extension of the office, looking more like a classroom, magically appeared. AAAAAAAAH THIS IS SO COOL!

A few seconds later, kids came flooding in. As they got settled in, Merlin introduced me and Red.

"Uh you, go to Bridget," Merlin pointed from Red to a girl with bright pink hair. She was also wearing a pastel pink dress that ended around the middle of her knees. She had a wide smile as Red walked up to her.

"And you, go to Ella." Merlin pointed from me to a girl with faded blue hair. Wait. Mom? No, can't be! Anyway, she was wearing clothes that looked like it was made of multiple different fabrics sewen together to form messy overalls.
Her eyes were dark and almond-shaped but wide, y'know? She looked really pretty.

"Alright class! Today we will be finishing the potions we began yesterday!! Make sure not to cause any explosions!" Merlin grinned before sitting at his desk.

"Okay, uh I never got your name." Ella.. or mom? said.

"Uh, I'm Chloe!!" I stick my hand out for her to shake with a smile, but she doesn't take the offer.

"Alright, Chloe, can you pass me the thing that looks like a disproportionate slug?"

I look through the boxes of random items spread on out table until I finf what Ella was talking about. I grab it and hand it to her, then I wipe my hand. The slug was very... slimy. Eugh.

Ella puts her hands on the bottom of the slug, pushing some sort of green liquid out of it.

I hold my nose with my two fingers and turn my face away.

"Why does it smell like that?!" I ask, looking back at Ella.

She simply rolled her eyes and muttered "royals..." before she handed me the slug.

"No, oh no I am not doing whatever you did with that." I shake my head, my voice sounding sick as I was still covering my nose.

"Relax, I'm just asking you to throw it away." Ella huffs, shoving the slug into my hands.

I let out a short shriek before quickly throwing the slug into the trashcan nearby.

Hey, atleast the smell is gone.

I turn my gaze over to Red almost unwillingly, fixating on her face. She has plump lips which are colored with a gorgeous shade of red that matched her hair. Reds eyes were a lighter shade of brown, and had small golden flecks in them. She had on a golden piercing on the outside of her nostril, which suited her amazingly. And then her earrings. She had two ear piercings, one on her earlobes and one on the upper part of her ear. Her earlobe earrings were small black hoops, with something dangling from it. Her upper ear sported a tiny, almost unnoticeable gold gem.

Red looks so confused as the cheerful girl talks to her. I didn't hear any of their conversation, but all I know is that Bridget was being overly kind.

I quickly snap my attention back to the potion when Ella drops the last ingredient in, causing a green colored smoke to seep up.

Ella grins then shows 'our' creation to Merlin, Bridget following right after.

"Okay, you four can do whatever you want for the time being." Merlin nods.

Me, Red, Bridget, and Ella move to the same station. Bridget handed me and Ella a pink cupcake with a... feather in it? That's so strange. Then I notice Red's fingernails. They were a hot-pink color, similar to the feathers. Pretty!!

Me and Ella take a bite of the cupcakes at the same time.

Suddenly, a large streak of my hair turned bright pink and Ellas makeup also became pink.

"Woah." Was all I could say.

"Yeah, they definitely are better than my biting gingerbread men I baked last year!" Bridget giggled, and Ella smiled. I examine the pink piece of hair with curiosity, it was definitely a vast difference from my usual all-blue hair. I loved it!!

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class period.
This is going to be an interesting day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A//N: Sorry the chapter is shorter, I kept getting distracted and rushing myself 😣‼️