Sorry

CHLOE
----------------

I woke up after my alarm woke me up. I begin to stretch before I accidentally fall off the bed. Oh, right. I fell asleep next to Red. I stand up and look at her. She's still asleep. I shake her awake.

"Hmph.. five more minutesss.." Red mumbles, still asleep.

"No, Red. We have school, remember?" I put my hands on my hips before continuing to shake her.

"I'm up, I'm up!" She mutters, slowly sitting up and raising her hands up in defeat.

"Good." I nod.

"Okay, let me just get ready... then we wait. Wait. Why go to school when we have a prank to stop..?" Red yawns as she stands up. "We don't technically go to this school, officially, anyway."

I sit on my bed, putting my glass sneakers on. "And skip a knowledge filled day? No thanks."

Red raises and eyebrow. "So you'd rather learn how to make potions those disgusting pods, then attempt to change my mom, who's trying to kill your mom?"

Okay, she's got a point.

I hesitate for a moment before finally answering Red.

"Fine. Only if we don't break anymore rules." I hold out my pinky.

"Okay!" Red smirks before walking up to me and hooking her pinky to mine.

I smile gently before pulling my hand back. "So... how do we find whatever this prank is going to be?"

"Hm... wait, we overheard Uliana talking about revenge, so she has to be the one who plays the prank. And maybe Ella knows where Uliana lives, so we can figure out what she's planning." Red fixes her messy hair as she talks.

"Yeah, that's a great idea!" I grin widely.

We both got ready to go to the house where my mother grew up. So exciting!

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚   time skip   ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Me and Red arrive at a creepy looking house. The plants look almost dead, the birds are quiet and eerie, and the walls outside are dusty, as if this house was abandoned.

We walk up to the front, where I step up and knock five times.

"My mom didn't live here." I whisper to Red before the door in front of us swings open to reveal Ella.

Me and Red smile awkwardly as Ella looks panicked. She shuts the door behind her and steps out.

"You two can't be here." She quickly mutters at us.

"Get back to your chores, Ella!" An old lady - wait, that's mean. A lady shouted down to her from a window.

"I will, stepmother!" Ella shouted back.

"We're just here to -" I start before Ella interrupts.

"Okay. You two can stay, but only if you help me with chores!" Ella grabs both mine and Reds wrists and drags us in.

The house was cleaner than the outside, but it still looked eerie. It looked like a rich person who's not quite royalty lived here, but I shouldn't judge based on first impressions.

Ella tossed me and Red a broom while she had a duster.

"So... today was crazy, huh?" I said to Ella, carefully getting rid of as much dust on the ground as possible.

"Hm. It's basically an everyday occurrence. Uliana is bullying Bridget, even if she's done nothing." Ella replied grimly.

"Oh, I get it, prey on the weak to make yourself feel stronger." Red looked up at Ella.

"You think Bridgets weak? She's the strangest person I know ." Ella smiled to herself before looking at Red.

"Ahem. So, hypothetically, if we wanted to... visit Uliana, where would we find her?" I ask, interrupting her and Reds' conversation.

"I don't know why you'd ever want to visit that sea witch, but she'd be in the Black Lagoon." Ella dusts every surface, making sure not a single speck is left behind.

I give a small 'hm' and nod in acknowledgment.

We sweeped the floor for about ten minutes before I backed into a vase. It fell onto the floor. "Shoot! I'm so sorry!" I immediately began sweeping up the shattered glass.

"What was that?!" The Lady shouted. Ella's eyes widened.

"Okay.. let's just sweep it into the fireplace! She'll never find out.." Red whisper-shouts as Ella and her sweep the mess into the fireplace. "I know a thing or two about stuck-up moms.." Red informed Ella.

The lady walked down the stairs. "What happened?!" She repeated, her voice booming. Ella flinched slightly as they continued sweeping. The lady walked into where we were.

"I-- it's my fault, Ella didn't do anything. I'm really sorry." I explained, but Ella just looked at me angerly.

"First, you let these... strangers into my house, then they break my precious vase." The lady steps up to Ella. "You will sleep in the barn tonight with the horses." The Lady stated simply, staring into Ellas eyes.

"Yes, stepmother." Ella replied, setting the broom in the corner and storming out of the house.

"Hey, that's not fair! I said sorry!" I desperately tried to tone down the punished the lady gave to Ella.

"Hm." Was all she replied before going back upstairs. "Anastasia! Drizzella! Time for your dress fittings!"

Red grabbed my hand and pulled me out of Ellas house.

"Life isn't fair, princess." Red fumed as she released my hand. "Not everyone gets to live in a perfect castle with perfect parents and wear perfect glass sneakers. Some of us have to actually work for what we want." Red snaps at me. I look at where Ella walked off, too, with guilt in my eyes.

"Well, uhm. I guess we have to go pay Uliana a short visit... right?" I ask Red.

"Uh yeah, mhm," she straightens her jacket.

First, we need to find it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A//N: Any ideas for the next chapter? Remember, it's in Reds pov :3