Bring Her Back (2)

As the sun rises over the horizon, casting a golden hue on the quaint Main Street lined with brick buildings and mom-and-pop shops, the town awakens to the chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze. Bicycles lean against old-fashioned street lamps, their owners beginning their day with the familiarity of a close-knit community.

In the town square, where a weathered gazebo stands proudly amidst a patchwork of cobblestones, vendors set up stalls for the weekly farmer's market. Neighbours greet each other with warm smiles as they peruse tables overflowing with heirloom tomatoes, freshly picked strawberries, and jars of homemade preserves.

Children clad in denim overalls and floral dresses skip merrily through fields of wildflowers blooming in vibrant shades of purple and yellow. Their laughter echoes off weathered barns and picket fences as they chase each other, their carefree spirits embodying the essence of a simpler time.

At the edge of town, the local creek glistens under the morning sun, its banks dotted with families enjoying leisurely picnics. Fishermen cast lines into the clear waters, hoping to catch the day's bounty while exchanging stories of local lore and tall tales.

Throughout the day, the town buzzes with activity. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafts from the doorways of diners and cafes, where patrons gather over plates of fluffy pancakes and hearty breakfasts served with a side of gossip and friendly banter.

In the afternoon, the town library hosts a storytelling hour for children, their eager faces illuminated by the soft glow of antique lamps. Nearby, teenagers gather at the local soda fountain, sipping on fizzy floats and sharing secrets beneath the glow of neon signs and jukebox tunes.

As evening approaches, the community gathers at the town hall for a spring carnival. Colourful banners flutter in the breeze, marking game booths offering prizes of stuffed animals and cotton candy. The air is filled with the nostalgic melodies of a live band playing classic rock 'n' roll tunes, drawing couples to dance under twinkling string lights.

As the sun dips below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of apricot and lavender, the town reflects on the beauty of the day - a testament to the timeless allure of community, connection, and the simple joys of life in a small town - the town where you decided to settle in nearly five years ago with your two young children.

The friends that helped you escape thought you would be better off hiding and living in a bigger town or city, but your reason for living in a small town, similar to Hawkins, was simple, or so you thought. You figured it would be easy to tell if someone was following you or stood out too much.

Living with a new name and new life was a big adjustment. You were careful of the lies you told. You came from Tennessee. Not Indiana. Your name was now Sabrina Fairchild (famously played by Audrey Hepburn, your favourite actress). It was a risk, but it was the first name that came to mind. You contemplated changing Pip's name, but since she was so young, you didn't want to confuse her more than she already was, particularly when she asked for her daddy at night. How do you explain to a two-year-old that her father is a bad man?

The man in the black SUV kept his distance, a master of blending into the mundane rhythm of small-town life. His trained eyes never left Y/N as she navigated her daily routine: taking Pippen to ballet lessons, picking up groceries with Wade in tow, and chatting amicably with neighbours at the park.

From his vantage point across the street, he adjusted the zoom on his camera lens, capturing candid moments that would later serve as proof of her existence. Finding her had quickly become an obsession for his boss, Eddie Munson, after recently discovering that Y/N and the children were alive, having believed they were dead for five years. It was a matter of pride for the powerful mafia boss who commanded his loyalty.