Chapter 22: I am who I am

Eclipse coughs some blood and says while looking up at Moon on the ground "I never looked down on you. Not even once."

Moon teleports in front of Eclipse. He grabs Eclipse's hair and lifts him. His dark thoughts and power completely consume Moon.

Eclipse thinks "He has too much power. How does this make sense? Someone else has to be involved. God, Demon, Monster, every single one of them will be dead."

Moon looks at him and says "You're thinking down on me." Eclipse says "You think everyone is out to get you? What a sad kid you are. What need do I have to look down on you? You have never been better than me in anything."

Moon loses it and slams Eclipse's head in the dirt. Moon shouts "I will always be nothing."

The shouting wakes up Hikari. She sees how Moon is locked on to Eclipse and decides to take action. She thinks "I have to hold him."

Hikari's hands shake as an after-effect of the shock. She makes a bridge between Moon's shadow and her own. Moon's shadow starts to bubble up and make him sink.

Moon struggles to get out and move. Hikari says "No you don't." Chains begin to come out from the shadow locking and holding Moon down. This causes Hikari to bleed from her nose.

Hikari is concentrating her hardest to keep him locked. One slip-up could free the sinking Moon in an instant.

Moon looks at all the carnage that he has created. The batten and bruised Eclipse that looks like he could fall over from the wind. He looks at Hikari and how desperate she looks and how her well-kept hair is now a dirty mess.

He reflects on all the things he has said and done. He thinks "How could I do this? Every time, I am the cause of everyone's misfortunes. I would be better if I never was born."

Tears begin to flow down Moon's face like a dam.

Moon hears a voice saying "You wanted this. You wanted power. I gave it to you."

Moon says "I wanted power but not like this."

The voice is Dev and he says "It's the power you wanted so badly. Stop holding back. Let the years of pain, sadness, and regret out. Go crazy. Or would you like me to have your body instead?"

Moon says "Hell no!"

Dev says "I want to have a body too. I will have yours. I gave you power. It's only fair."

Moon shouts in pain as a new powerful surge of lightning comes out of his body. Both Eclipse and Hikari watch as he beams in radiant power.

Eclipse says "Of course that wasn't all his power. Shit! How am I supposed to deal with this? If only I had a wielder."

Eclipse hears a voice that says "We have arrived to help you but I didn't think you couldn't deal with a family matter on your own."

Eclipse turns and sees a tall man with short brown hair and fierce muscles. WIth the man was a long sloppy brown-haired woman who wore a lab coat with big round glasses. Eclipse says "Rick."

The man named Rick said, "Don't worry, I got this." Eclipse says "He awaked not too long ago and was affected by something possible. My guess is demon blood and possibly a mid to high-class one."

Rick says "Just relax and let Maria heal you. You know that I can deal with a Corrupted Human."

Maria steps over to Eclipse kneels to him and raises her palms. A green glow flows from her body to heal him. Eclipse starts to slowly feel better.

Eclipse points to Hikari and says heal her next.

The beam of lightning goes away. Moon grabs his head intensely and shakes.

Moon laughs "HAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha."

"I am finally in a body. I finally have a body to call my own. I love it! This is pure bliss. I can never give this up."

Rick approaches Moon. Everyone has their eyes glued on Moon.

Rick says "Who are you?"

Moon takes his hands and breaks his arm. He shouts "So this is pain. Interesting."

Rick looks at the broken arm and says again "Who are you?"

Moon says "Sorry but that's a tricky question."

Blood begins to drip from Moon's broken arm. The blood spells out "DEV" He says "I am called Dev."

Rick asks "What are you?"

Dev laughs then says "How would you respond if I asked a Human what is a human? Odd question. But if I had to answer I would have to say is. I am who I am. In other words, what you call a demon.

Dev's hair becomes black and he grows black horns and a tail that has a red line on them.

He says "Let's fight." He gestures his hand and says "Come on. I want to test out this new body."