Chapter 21: Laughter

The pain is getting worse. His screams are making him lose his voice.

Moon repeatedly bashes his head into the ground. He picked up his head that is now covered in blood and dirt.

Hikari runs to Moon to help him. She puts her hand on his shoulder.

He shouts "Don't touch me!" Static eclectic forms out of Moon's body.

This shocks Hikari horribly. Burned blood oozes off her freshly burnt skin.

She pulls back from Moon and then grunts. "What is happening with him?"

Eclipse says "Awaking..." Hikari covers her burned skin in her black liquid and then questions "Awaking?"

"People can be born with special abilities. You have the power of darkness" Eclipse explained. He points to Moon and says "Judging from the electricity we seen. He must have electricity manipulation."

Hikari asks "Why is he in pain and out of control?" Eclipse says "When it comes to Moon, you don't like thinking. Stop having tunnel vision." Hikari pauses momentarily and says "Is it because he wasn't born with it or used to it."

Eclipse says "Those are possibilities but I sense that he was forcibly awakened just like you. Unfortunately, he has the upper edge on both of us." Hikari asks "Why is that?"

Eclipse sighs and says "This is basic science. Electricity can mess with our bodies also it creates light which counters darkness. This is a hell match up." Hikari says "Can't we get through to him like he did with me?"

Eclipse says "Are we that close to him? Do you know what keeps him up at night? What is his greatest fear? Why he is so antisocial? Do you know that he is getting picked on and compared to us? Are you his family or are you trying to make him something else?"

Hikari was speechless. Eclipse says "A family doesn't act the way you force yourself onto him. I hate that about you. The way you force yourself onto him. How you try to control him."

Hikari says "Shut the hell up. If it weren't for me he wouldn't be with us. He wouldn't be alive." Eclipse says "Is he happy?"

Moon launches red lightning at Hikari. Eclipse creates a sword in her hand and slashes the lightning down.

Eclipse says "I have an ability too. These abilities are called G1's."

Hikari says "So you create swords? Anyway, we will have that conversation later."

Eclipse says "The best we can do is knock some sense into him."

Hikari summons black tentacles from the ground that rush Moon. Eclipse runs to Moon with the sword he conjured up. The tentacles reach Moon before Eclipse does.

Red lightning scatters from Moon's body and destroys the tentacles. Eclipse slips to the side of Moon and slashes a hole through his lightning field of a wall. He pulls his hand back and punches Moon in the mouth.

Moon shouts "It hurts." This causes him to make lightning hands. They come with arms that stretch into the sky. The hands become claws. He says "die" then the claws come down to crush Eclipse.

He struggles to counter the lightning claws. The weight of the lightning is weighing him down. Eclipse controls his breathing and then lifts the lightning claws into the sky with all his might.

Hikari with her tentacles forces her way through Moon's lightning wall and grabs onto limbs forcefully pinning him to the ground.

Eclipse takes the opportunity to stab Moon in the shoulder and says "Is that enough to wake you up?"

Moon raises his head and then says "I'm awake." Hikari sighs in relief.

Eclipse pierces Moon deeper. Moon asks "What was that for?" Eclipse drops his guard and softens his expression. He says "For the making me worried and the hassle."

Moon laughs and blood drops from his right eye. He punches Eclipse and sends him flying.

Eclipse lost grip of the katana because of the punch. He lands on his back leaving him in immense pain.

Moon stands up and says "Don't ever act like you care about me. No one cares about people like us."

Eclipse recalls his sword to help him stand up. He says "Here you go back with your self pithy shit again. You want someone to care so bad."

Hikari says "I will listen to your pain. I will always be there for you!"

Moon takes back his lightning claws and makes static lightning spike around his hands and arms. He sends lightning to Hikari's tentacles.

He shouts "Shut up! Just leave me alone."

Hikari jolts and passes out.

Eclipse says "You just shocked your little sister."

Moon says "So what? I want the whole world to feel my pain. I have the power now."

Eclipse says "You went from berserk to drunk on power. You are such a handful."

Moon's left eye turns purple. Blood begins to drip from that eye too.

He teleports behind Eclipse and says "I always hated how you looked down on me. So it's time I look down on you." Moon punches Eclipse sending him to the floor with immense power.