Trigger Finger

*Nicky's POV*
There we were. Standing in the alley way. I couldn't believe what was happening. The men just came out of the darkness, and the next think I know, they're holding a gun to Alex's head. His finger was resting on the trigger and there was no way of telling what he would do. I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. I looked at Alex, and her eyes were closed.

"We want it all. Drugs, money, everything." The man said with a tough voice. I looked at the whole situation, "no. That isn't fair, that wasn't the deal." I said pushing Alex out of the way. Now it was me who was staring down the barrel.

The men got mad. They didn't like what i did. They knew Alex was the one who would be holding the drugs. They looked at her and then back to me. The gun was taken off of my face and pointed again at Alex who was on the ground, still in shock. I froze again, not knowing what to do.

They started to speak in Spanish. It left Alex and I not knowing a damn thing that was going on. I looked away for a split second and when I turned back, the unthinkable happened.

A single shot rang out. I looked down at Alex and she was shot in the chest. The men took off and it was just me and Alex. I was in shock. Blood was everywhere.

"Alex! Are you okay?!" I said freaking out. She couldn't speak. I called Piper. I didn't know what else to do. Her and Lorna were on their way.

I didn't care about the potential punishments for what we are doing, all that mattered was Alex.

When Piper and Lorna got there, I was a complete mess. I was on the ground holding Alex and injecting at the same time. I freaked out and didn't know much of anything.

*Pipers POV*
"Alex is shot. She's bleeding!"

Shot.
Bleeding.
These words played continually in my mind.

I couldn't move.

Breathe.
Or do anything.
We got to the alley.

I knew exactly then what was going on. Dealing.
I don't even care why.
Alex was just there. Almost completely bleeding out.

Lorna ran over to Nicky. She was back on drugs.
The ambulance took forever to get there. "Alex, Alex come on! Don't you dare leave me now!" I said crying.

The paramedics seemed like there was no hope. They were frantic. Lorna and Nicky stayed back and I went with Alex.

In the ambulance, Alex looked up at me and said "Don't let me go" I didn't know what that meant or why, but I knew I needed my baby to be okay.

Alex was rushed right into surgery when we got to the hospital. The doctors faces were dull. They seemed to already given up on her. I figured to call the remaining members of Alex's family. It was no use.

All she had was me, and all I wanted was her. The doctor came out after 6 hours of surgery, the news would leave me, Lorna and Nicky speechless.

To be continued...