Bullet.

Pipers POV
One sentence. That's all it took. One sentence that would change our lives forever.

We dropped to our knees when the doctor came out of surgery with the news.

Nicky, Lorna and I didn't know what to say. Or do. I dropped, Lorna made some vocal noises, and Nicky turned her back to the doctor and started pacing.

I couldn't process anything that was going through my mind. Everything the doctor said sounded like a foreign language. I don't even know if I even heard what he said.

I remember wanting to call Alex's family. Like her mom, but I knew the reality of it all. She had no family. Nicky, Lorna and I were her only family.

What was I meant to do? Everything was coming together for once in my life, and in a split second it was all crumbling down.

The room was spinning, my hands shaking, tears rolling down my cheeks causing a puddle on the floor of the hospital.

I remember standing up, and trying to comfort Nicky. It was no use. She pushed me away.

I felt like the earth just stopped. The only way I could describe this feeling was like I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, during the cyclone. Everything was spinning and crashing down.

I felt like I would never land. I couldn't find any words to say. All I wanted was to reverse what happened. I wish I was the one.

I should have known that Alex was up to her old ways. I could have done something. I should have done something. But I didn't. I don't know why. I trusted her to do good. Or maybe it was me who was the fool. Maybe I was blinded by everything Alex was doing for me.

It seemed like the news kept playing in my mind for 2 hours. The doctor told us only 5 minutes ago. It seemed like a forever had passed and then some.

My mind was reeling. I was still on my knees. The doctor came over and helped me up. He handed me a tissue and I started to wipe away my tears.

I looked at Lorna, and we noticed that Nicky had left. I didn't bother to go look for her. We all had our ways of dealing with the news.

I finally stopped crying. I walked to Lorna and hugged her.

One sentence changed us all.

"Would you like to see her?" The doctor asked.

I walked in the door and saw my sleeping beauty.