Run

*NARRITIVE POV*

Alex and Piper frantically looked around. It was unusual for the inmates to succeed in overpowering the guards, but they managed to this time. The fence had been cut completely down.

One or two, inmates stayed on campus, the others, were nowhere to be seen.

"What do we do? Do we run or do we hide and stay? Al, I don't know anymore." Piper said in despair. Alex turned and looked at her after she carefully examined the campus.

"Here's what we're going to do." Alex said, grabbing Piper by the shoulders. "We run. Yeah, run." She said looking straight into Piper's eyes. "This is our chance! Do you really wanna risk dealing with Red and the shit here again? Because I don't!" She said.

Piper wanted to say something, but instead she kept her mouth shut and nodded. Alex gave her arms a gentle rub, and hugged her quickly.

They both headed towards the fence opening. No one was to be found.

The campus had a different vibe. There was no longer a sense of fear, but a sense of freedom. Officers and COs were nowhere to be found.

Was it possible that the inmates had finally had enough of all shit they've been through, and turned rouge on the staff?

Alex was the first to officially step foot off site. Piper was close to follow suit. They started walking down the long, isolated road. The only thing surrounding them were woods. Even at that, half the trees were dead.

As they walked down the middle of the merely abandoned road, the faint sound of a car could be heard.

"Did you hear that?" Piper asked. Alex looked at her. "What? I didn't hear anything." She said bluntly in response.

Piper shook it off and kept on walking. The sound grew closer. "Alex, you seriously don't hear that? It sounds like the van." Piper said, growing annoyed.

Alex stopped in her tracks. "Piper. You're just paranoid." She said.

The two were at a stand still when suddenly, the prison van, full of inmates came flying down the road, almost hitting Alex and Piper.

The van stopped just before them. Big Boo, who was the one driving the van containing the inmates, got out.

"My god. You've got to be shitting me! Vause and Chapman!" She said as she gave them a slap on the back.

"Boo, what happened on campus?" Alex asked, intrigued. Boo let out a chuckle. "Oh that? Let's just say we were done. We did what was needed to be done. We're heading far away from here. This is our chance." She said before she got back in the van.

"You know, you two are wanted in this state, Id run if I were you guys." And just like that, Boo, and several other inmates drove off.

Run.

Run. Something Piper has been afraid to do her whole life.

Run. Something that drove Alex over the edge.

This, was their chance.

This, IS, their chance.

Run.