True Loves Kiss

*Pipers POV*
I entered the room and saw her laying there. Tubes, IV, bandages and so much more coming out of her. She still looked beautiful.

The doctor told us what had happened. The bullet caused significant damage. She was in a coma. She also suffered broken bones from the impact of her fall. Some of her organs were swollen. Simply put, she was a mess.

I walked over to her and held her hand. I wasn't sure if she knew if I was there or not. Honestly, I was sure if she could feel or sense anything right now. That didn't seem to matter. All that mattered was that she was okay, and alive.

The doctor said that this would be a long process, and that even when she gets out of the hospital, she'd have to be in a rehab facility. He also said she may not remember much.

*3 weeks later*
I visited Alex every day, practically all day. 3 weeks have passed, it seemed like there was little to no improvement. Every time I saw her, there were easily 7 doctors in the room, it was crazy.

As time went on, I started to loose hope of Alex waking up. Nothing seemed to help. Her health was getting worse.

Lorna and Nicky came to visit every Tuesday. Lorna would sit and read magazines to Alex, while Nicky would tell her jokes. It was comforting to have friends come. It gave me a sense of normal human interaction.

I'd go home every night and cry. I just wanted to give up on everything. There was no hope. I didn't know what to do anymore.

Every time Alex got worse, I just wanted to give up. It seemed like the only thing to do. The best thing to do. I thought of so many ways to do it. I couldn't bring myself to do it though.

My whole life, was just laying in a hospital bed. Alex, my love, my life, was laying there slowly dying, or that's what it seemed like. It hurt to see her so lifeless. I didn't know what to do.

I just felt like this was my karma for leaving her all those years ago. But why was it coming back like this?! I never wanted Alex to get hurt! I prayed, and prayed that she won't get taken away from me.

I came back to visit her. There were no doctors in the room. She didn't look like she was in pain anymore. Her face seemed light. Her body didn't look heavy.

I put on my strong face and entered the room. I pulled up a chair and sat down next to her bed. I just looked at her. I didn't know what to say. I was just looking at her, and stroking her face. I didn't know what to do. It didn't feel natural. I'm not used to seeing her so weak. This wasn't Alex. I couldn't believe that this actually happened.

Sleepy Beauty was on the TV, and it was the part where Prince Philip kisses Aurora. I chuckled. "If only" I mumbled.

I gave it a shot anyway. I leaned over and kissed her.

"What happened?" I heard Alex say.

I started crying. I was so happy she was awake.