Awakening

*Piper's POV*
Alex was awake. I grabbed her hand, and was crying hysterically.

"What happened?" She asked looking at me. I just smiled and tried to stop crying.

"You were shot. The bullet did some damage. You were in a coma. You might be in here for a while baby." I said while squeezing her hand.

She seemed confused. She seemed as if she had no recognition of what had happened. That was expected. The doctors thought that this would happen. I was okay with it.

If Alex didn't remember, it meant she most likely didn't remember that she was dealing again. That was fine by me.

All I knew was that I wanted to get Alex better and back home. I was scared shitless the whole time she was in that coma, I need her to be by my side every night again.

"Piper? There's something I need to tell you.." I heard Alex say softly. I looked at her and stoked her face. "What is it honey?" I asked still holding her hand.

"I know why I was shot.." She started to say before I cut her off. "But you're okay now. Let's not dwell on this. We need to focus on getting you better so we can go home." I said.

She looked at me and squeezed my hand. "I'm taking it you know. And you're right, we need to get me home. So you'll stop worrying so much" Alex said. She was back to the Alex that I knew and loved, she was her snarky self again.

I spent hours just looking at her and holding her hand. I watched as she went in and out of sleeping. She was so beautiful even when her body was in pain.

"You know, I can tell you're staring at me." Alex said while her eyes were closed. "I'm sorry, I can't help that I love you so much that I can't take my eyes off of you." I said making her chuckle.

Alex sat up and realized that Sleeping Beauty was on. I looked at the TV, then at her and laughed. "What?" Alex said in a half chuckle while looking at me.

"Okay, this is so cheesy, but you know the part in the movie where she's kissed?" Yeah.. Well.. That's what I did. And you woke up.." I said blushing and looking down.

Alex took my hand and started laughing. "It's cute. Like your butt." Alex said. I laughed. She looked at the door way to notice that Nicky and Lorna were standing there.

"Damn Vause, you must be a princess now. And Piper is your dashing Prince." Nicky said walking in the room.

"Come here Nichols." Alex said waving her over for a hug. Nicky walked over and bro hugged Alex. "Glad you're alright kid" Nicky added.

Lorna walked over and hugged me. "I'm glad she's okay. But hey, I'm the one who kept you updated on life, where's my hug?" Lorna said while walking over to Alex and giving her a hug.

I couldn't stop smiling. Everything was going well. Alex had woken up, Nicky wasn't so freaked, and I was relaxed.

Now, the only thing I have to do, is find the son of a bitch who shot her. I wasn't going to let that person get away with almost killing Alex. That's for sure.

AN: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while, things have been crazy! But thank you for all the comments and votes and everything! Your support is amazing! I really hope you enjoy this chapter, please comment and vote and just keep being amazing followers! -Becca