9

~The next day~

(If you expected to see a bed scene here, then unfortunately this will not happen😋) Nosaka woke up at dawn and assumed a sitting position.

*Yuma's thoughts: I haven't felt this good in a long time. My mana has not only recovered, but also increased.*

He looked at Anna, who was sleeping peacefully. The guy took a small lock of her hair.

*Yuma's thoughts: Thanks to her, I was able to get rid of all the restrictions and even side effects. But there is one problem.*

He looked at her bare back, where his mark was visible.

Yuma: We need to hide it.

Nosaka gently kissed the mark on her back, trying not to wake Anna up. When he pulled away, the mark was gone. The guy quietly got out of bed and began to get dressed. And after a few minutes, he was ready. Nosaka left the room to take up his duties. Mitsuru was sitting on the window and waiting for him.

Mitsuru: Good morning, my Emperor. I can tell by your appearance that you are feeling well. I see this night has done you good.

He spoke with a grin.

Yuma: One more word and you'll be behind bars.
Mitsuru: What a buka you are after all...

He said, offended.

Yuma: And this is what the one who interfered with my plans is telling me? I purposely kept the Empress's seat empty so that your younger brother, after becoming the new Emperor, would put his beloved there.
Mitsuru: But now that your life is not in danger, then you don't need to hand over the throne to my younger brother. I love Hikaru, but the role of Emperor doesn't suit him. Knowing his character, he will simply be used and there is a possibility that it will be the same as the setting of Midwin. Yuma, you know better than me that there are people who still prefer to follow the will of the dark Emperor. Unlike my brother, you cannot be manipulated, because you are the one who manipulates others.

Nosaka went to the window and began to look at it.

Yuma: Even so... I doubt that others will agree that I should remain in the place of the Emperor of Darkness. I am sure that as soon as they agree to make peace, their main condition will be to give the throne to another person and my death.
Mitsuru: If they really put forward such a condition, then we'll just get rid of them.

He said with a devilish smile. Nosaka sighed heavily.

Yuma: It means that I am ready to give my life for the sake of peace, and he plans to stage a coup and destroy this world.

He said with a kind smile.

Mitsuru: I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Yuma: I know. To be honest, I'm even surprised that you chose to return here rather than stay with your brother in your native kingdom《Orion》.
Mitsuru: My brother and I would not have been accepted there. We have lived here long enough, so this kingdom has become our home. I may have bad memories of this place, but thanks to you, I think this kingdom will find happiness. To be honest, I just don't want to leave this place. I like being your shadow and sewing different outfits.

And then Mitsuru remembered.

Mitsuru: It's inappropriate to talk about them... My house was destroyed by a monster and now I don't have clothes for the Empress! And you'll also have to take measurements from her again.
Yuma: Well, Anna has those outfits that she was trying on back then. I think they should be enough for a while until you make new ones.
Mitsuru: Okay...
Yuma: By the way, I also need a report on what happened in the kingdom while I was away.
Mitsuru: Haizaki Ryoheya and Miyano Akane were imprisoned for helping the princess escape. Also, some of the staff spoiled her food, and also... She had a bent neck tied up, I think it's not hard to guess that this is the work of Haizaki. Kingdom The《Suns》, according to Natsumi and Bernard, are going to attack us while you are vulnerable. Or rather, they have already gone on the offensive under the command of Katsu.