8

~In Anna's room~

Mitsuru was outside waiting for Yoshiya to change Princess Anna's clothes.

Anna: Listen, Yoshiya... Are you sure this is the outfit I should go in?

She spoke shyly, while hugging herself to cover herself somehow.

Yoshiya: You agreed to it yourself. And don't worry, you'll be wearing a robe, so Mitsuru and others won't be able to see you in this outfit, except for the Emperor himself.

She spoke calmly.

Anna: Why does it look like a sacrifice?
Yoshiya: Because that's partly how it is.
Anna: What?
Yoshiya: Don't worry, the Emperor won't eat you literally.

Anna looked at her in confusion.

Anna: How is that?...

The maid put a robe on her and tied the belt.

Yoshiya: You'll find out soon~

She said with a sweet smile. Having finished all the preparations, she began to push her out. After leaving the room, the girls met Mitsuru.

Mitsuru: As I understand it, the preparations are over.
Yoshiya: Yes, but... Are you sure it's worth taking her to Nosaka?
Mitsuru: You know his character. Although it will be problematic if there is a lot of blood.
Yoshiya: Just in case, I'll prepare another room for them.

Anna was already feeling uneasy.

Anna: Uh-that... What do you mean by blood?

She asked trembling, smiling nervously at the same time.

Mitsuru and Yoshiya: You'll find out soon.

They said it synchronously with smiles on their faces.

*Anna's thoughts: THEIR SMILES DON'T INSPIRE CONFIDENCE IN ME!*

The girl was already crying in her mind. Yoshiya went to prepare a new room just in case, and Mitsuru and Anna went to Nosaka.

Mitsuru: Princess, are you still interested to know why I know the Emperor so well?
Anna: Yes, but I don't understand why this is a secret?
Mitsuru: Because my nickname is Shadow. I used to be an assassin, but now I'm Nosaka's shadow. My job is to protect him when he regains his strength. Princess, do you know how magicians recover their mana?
Anna: No...
Mitsuru: They restore their mana through sleep. It is at this moment that they are most vulnerable. Nosaka is currently sleeping and trying to recover his mana. As his shadow, no one should know about me except his Empress. If you become her, then you will stay alive, and if not, then I will have to kill you to keep this secret.
Anna: I see...

When they reached Nosaka's room, they met Nishikage. The knight immediately became alert.

Nishikage: The Emperor ordered that no one be allowed in, so that he would not be disturbed!
Mitsuru: Nishikage, you know that I am his shadow, so this order does not apply to me.

He spoke with a smile.

Nishikage: Yes to you, but not to her. She is not allowed to enter the room.
Mitsuru: I understand, but you'll have to let her in. After all, she is our Empress now.

Nishikage was surprised, but then he frowned.

Nishikage: Since you say that, then I have no choice but to let her in.