10

It was already light outside. The sun's rays penetrated into the room where the princess was sleeping, or rather the Empress. Anna woke up to a sharp noise coming from outside the door.

Otani: I am her personal maid, so it is my duty to take care of the princess!
Yoshiya: Now she's the Empress of Darkness, which means it's my responsibility to take care of her!

The girls were arguing among themselves. At that moment, Natsumi came with Akane.

Natsumi: I think it would be better to ask the Empress herself about this.

She spoke with a kind smile.

Otani and Yoshiya: You're right...
Yoshiya: But what did the traitor forget here?

Yoshiya looked at Akane angrily.

Natsumi: She's here to apologize to the Empress. Since now her punishment depends on Anna's decision.
Yoshiya: What about Haizaki? He also participated with her.
Akane: The Emperor ordered him to follow him, so Ryohei apologized to the Empress later...
Natsumi: Since Haizaki is a man, he will be punished twice. No matter how he dared to disobey the Emperor's orders and even harmed his Empress.
Yoshiya: I see, so our Emperor will punish him first, and then his fate will be the envy of the Empress's decision.
Natsumi: That's right. We've been chatting with you for a while, we shouldn't keep our Empress waiting.
Otani and Yoshiya: Exactly!

All the girls entered the room and were surprised. In front of them was Anna, who was sitting on the bed and covered herself with a blanket, rays of light fell on her, which made her hair turn golden. The girls couldn't take their eyes off her, it seemed like the goddess of the sun was sitting in front of them.

All: The Goddess...

They spoke with admiration.

Anna: Will you stop staring at me and help me get dressed? Because your Emperor turned out to be a real beast...

She spoke a little self-consciously. But suddenly she remembered that there was now a Nosaka mark on her back.

Anna: But no, I've changed my mind! Everyone except Yoshiya, leave this room!
Otano: But the princess...

Before she could finish, she was interrupted.

Anna: I'm sorry, Otani, but my personal maid here is Yoshiya... In order for you to work as my maid again, you need Nosaka's approval.
Otani: The Princess...

Otani was upset, but she complied with Anna's request. Natsumi and Akane decided to leave the room too, leaving Yoshiya and the Empress alone.

Yoshiya: Why do you need the Emperor's permission if you are now an Empress too? You have the same rights as him.

The girl started her work and began to help Anna put herself in order.

Anna: Well, yes, but now I'm part of his secret. Therefore, only you can be my maid now, since you are one of those whom Nosaka trusts.
Yoshiya: Then you did the right thing. But... If you trust Otani as much as you trust yourself, then I think Nosaka will approve of her as your personal maid.

Anna finished tidying herself up and getting dressed. The girl sat down in front of the mirror, and Yoshiya began to comb her hair.

Anna: Considering that outside the door you both asked about the one who will serve me. It's strange that you want to help Otani become my maid.
Yoshiya: I'm not trying to help her, I'm just reminding you that you have the same rights as our Emperor, since you are our Empress.
Anna: Yes, but it wasn't officially announced... And there was no wedding... From Hikaru, I learned that the kingdom of the Moon is now having problems with food, as well as money, and considering that monsters have destroyed half of the kingdom, it's a bad idea to arrange a wedding now. Even though you say that I have the same rights as Nosaka, but in reality I have remained a hostage. In other words, I am just a tool with which the Emperor of Darkness can achieve his goal.

She spoke with a sad smile. Yoshiya stopped brushing her hair.

Yoshiya: You may be wrong, but Nosaka probably doesn't realize his feelings yet.

She spoke with a smile.

Anna: What do you mean?

The girl looked at her maid.

Yoshiya: I'm talking about your stormy night. To be more precise, Nosaka would probably have already killed you. Why would he spend the night with the enemy, much less make her an Empress? Perhaps he is not interested in you as a tool.
Anna: Many rulers are interested in other women and spend the night with them, but this does not mean that they feel anything for them except passion.
Yoshiya: You are right, but our Emperor is not like that. He won't touch a girl unless he plans to make her his Empress in the future. In other words, you shouldn't worry about Nosaka cheating on you with others.

*Anna's thoughts: So he is ready to live his whole life with an unloved one and be faithful only to her?...*

Anna got up and left the room. He and Yoshiya headed to the dining room.

~Dining room~

Natsumi was sitting at the table, waiting for her. Akane and Otani were standing next to her. The girls greeted each other, after which Anna sat down at the table.

Anna: I hope I won't have bugs in my food this time.

She said reproachfully, looking askance at Akane.

Natsumi: What do you mean?
Anna: It's just that one maid was spoiling my food. Right, Akane?

Akane fell on her knees in front of her and began to apologize.

Akane: I sincerely apologize, Empress! I'm really sorry that I didn't take good care of you, but I didn't spoil your food... The other maids did it because of their weakness, I couldn't stop them. Forgive me! I am ready to take any punishment!

She sincerely regretted it.

Anna: I can't trust your words. But I need time to come up with a suitable punishment for you.
Akane: Very well, Your Majesty.

*Anna's thoughts: Actually, I said that to make sure of her words. After all, if you remember, she never tried to hurt me, unlike her boyfriend... Perhaps she didn't spoil my food and it really was the other maids. But without proof, I can't take her word for it.*

Food was brought to them. This time, the food seemed normal. Anna was about to start eating, but Yoshiya took the plate and tipped it over the head of the maid who brought the food.

Yoshiya: How dare you serve this garbage to our Empress?!

Everyone was in shock.

Anna: Is there something wrong with the food?
Yoshiya: Yes, there were glass fragments in the food. It seems Akane's words may be true.
Anna: It's worth investigating.
Yoshiya: Okay, but before that, I'll go get some food for you myself and bring it.
Anna: Thank you...

Yoshiya went to the kitchen to get food for the Empress.

Natsumi: What a horror... Spoiling their Empress's food, they're crazy. If Nosaka finds out about this, he will force them to eat the garbage itself.
Anna: At best, at worst, they will be executed for trying to harm his Empress.

Otani threw herself at Anna with tears.

Otani: Princess, I can't believe they're treating you so terribly!

The girl began to calm her down.

Anna: Otani, don't worry. Now that Yoshiya is here, they won't dare to treat me badly.
Natsumi: And Nosaka won't let our Anna get hurt either.
Anna: Yeah...

*Anna's thoughts: He would rather offend me himself.*

~Meanwhile, Nosaki~

As soon as the Emperor restored the barrier, he headed for the battlefield.

Yuma: Apchh!...
Haizaki: Your Majesty, are you sick?
Yuma: No, it looks like someone is discussing me. We'll get to the battlefield soon, be ready and keep your guard up.
Haizaki: I understand you!