Am I going to fail?

Monday rolls around, and Katsumi struggles to get out of bed. That entire weekend, she trained with Bakugo. Well correction, she survived Bakugo. She now understood why the other girls didn't train with him. The first battle didn't count (according to Bakugo) so they went at it until the two of them couldn't fight anymore. After wearing her brand new uniform, Katsumi had to bring it back to the Support Course to get it fixed after Bakugo's explosions. They are fire-resistant, but after getting dragged around, holes started to form, and the blasts from Bakugo didn't make the matter better. She spent the majority of her weekend, the parts that didn't include training and being in Recovery Girl's office, at home, like she promised she would do every weekend. Bakugo won each battle, but he didn't win unscathed. Katsumi put up a good fight, hating how much Bakugo gloated and bragged. One thing the two of them have in common is their pride, and it takes a lot for them to admit defeat. 

As Katsumi begrudgingly rolls out of bed, she walks to her mirror to study her bruises. All up and down her arms and legs are bruises that give evidence to Bakugo's brutality. Since it's the summer, the students are having to wear the summer versions of their uniforms, so Katsumi's legs are on full display. It's all apart of being a hero, so Katsumi sucks it up and changes. 

As she's walking downstairs, she catches Bakugo walking out of his dorm. Bakugo notices Katsumi but completely ignores her. If it's not training related, Bakugo doesn't give Katsumi the time of day. Katsumi walks behind Bakugo, headed to the kitchen. 

"Stop following me, dumbass." It's 7 in the morning, and Bakugo already has attitude. 

"You know, it's too damn early for attitude." Katsumi responds. She likes pushing him. She thinks it's funny.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Bakugo yells. Katsumi plugs her ears up to demonstrate just how loud Bakugo is being. Izuku and Ochaco walk over. 

"You know she's right next to you Kaachan." Izuku becomes embarrassed for his friend's behavior.

"Whatever.." Bakugo grabs a quick breakfast and leaves. The rest of them sit down and chat about what they did over the weekend.

"Yeah, I trained with Bakugo over the weekend. But, he didn't hurt me too bad." Katsumi is lying through her teeth. Every time Bakugo won, Katsumi had to sit on the ground in pain, hoping the pain would subside enough for her to walk to Recovery Girl, because she knew that Bakugo wouldn't go and get her for her. Izuku and Ochaco side-eye each other. They know Katsumi is lying, but they know she has too much pride to tell the truth.

The three of them walk to class. Summer break is rolling around, and that means finals. Katsumi had to make up the midterm, since she arrived late. She did half decent. Katsumi struggles in math, so the math portion made her overall rank low. She knows that she will need to do better in math for the finals to be able to pass. She asks around to see who scored first, and to nobody's surprise, Momo ranked first. 

Before the bell rings, Katsumi goes up to Momo. 

"Hey Momo, are you free this weekend? I really need your help studying, and I heard you ranked first. Could you possibly help me?" Katsumi asks. Momo is one of her best friends, surely she will say yes.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. My family is going out of town this weekend, and I'm obligated to go." Katsumi can tell Momo really does mean it, so she smiles. 

"Oh, okay. Do you know who ranked second?" 

"Todoroki did. Are you close to him?" Katsumi shakes her head. Katsumi's and Todoroki's personalities just don't match, so she scratches him off the list of possible study-buddies.

"You can ask Bakugo though." Momo says. 

"Bakugo? I thought he was like... stupid." Momo laughs but explains that he scored 3rd out of the class. Katsumi is surprised at this information. Who would've thought that a blockhead like him would be good at schoolwork?