Chapter 4

Alora:

Lina was in fact, puking.

"Girl, what did we tell you about knowing your limits?" Cleo chastises our friend as she holds back her hair over a toilet bowl.

She stops dry heaving for a minute and lifts up her head. "Guys. Do you remember that beautiful man from outside? Who we saw close to the start of the party?"

"Yes." We all say in unison.

"He was kissing some redhead!" She cries. "Why do the guys I always spot first always end up hooking up with other people?"

"Oh, sweetie." El coos, fanning her with a towel.

"Fuck him." Cleo says.

"I can't! I just told you that!" Lina wails.

"Okay, girly." I pat her back. "It's alright."

"No it's not! I just need one! One guy to reciprocate my energy so that we can have a good time for a night and I can be astrologicaly satisfied!"

"Is that a word?" El wonders.

Cleo shakes her head. "I think she's on about star signs."

"Anyway." I start. "Why is that something to cry over? Huh? You're Catalina Garcia. You are beautiful."

"And iconic." Cleo adds.

"And the best person to have around when none of us want to speak to big, scary looking people in foreign countries." Elodie nods.

"Oh my god, you guys were useless in Cancún." She agrees.

"Hey, I didn't know where that man had been." I defend myself.

"You say that about everyone."

"And it still stands." I lift my chin.

"Anyway, are you done throwing your guts up?" El asks Lina.

"I think so."

"Here." She hands her a toothbrush and toothpaste from her purse.

"Thank you." She takes it and stands, going to rinse her mouth and brush her teeth over the sink.

"What time is it?" Cleo looks to me as I take out my phone.

"Twenty minutes past one." I tell her. And then something occurs to me. "Hey, why are you guys sober?"

"El was worrying about... things. We've been talking through."

"Things being Caspian?" I arch a brow.

"I've had enough with this topic for one night." She holds up her hands.

"You know, you can talk to me about it, right? I won't hold anything against you."

"I know. And I love you for that. But I'm totally fine. For now."

"Okay. Also, guys, question." I address the room. "I've not been a horrible bitch lately, have I?"

"What? No."

"Of course not."

"Who? You?"

I stare at them all, wide eyed.

"Well... not a complete horrible bitch." Cleo smiles.

"At least, not to us." El offers.

"What?" My jaw drops.

"Well..." Lina finishes with her oral hygiene and turns around, her back to the sink with both of her hands holding onto it. "You did kind of yell at a freshmen for bumping into you last week."