Chapter 10

Alora:

I'm walking down the hall towards the bathroom when my steps slow upon seeing him.

It's been weeks since that interaction and it still boils my blood.

He doesn't see me, too busy on his phone, so I take the gifted opportunity and hurry inside before he does.

I breathe out a sigh of relief after washing my hands and pull out a tube of lipgloss, leaning forward to apply it in the mirror.

The door opens and a few girls walk in. I recognise them as a pair of seniors.

"Oh my god, he is so hot." The blonde says.

"I would literally let him do anything to me." The brunette adds as they approach the sinks and take out their own products to touch up.

"Same. I wonder what he'd be like in bed."

I pause, the tip of the rosy pink coated applicator just leaving my lips. Please tell me they're not talking about who I think they are.

"No idea."

"Well, based on his whole dominant bad boy slash rich heir persona, I hope he's-"

"Out."

I freeze.

The heads of the girls snap towards the entrance, where the object of their conversation has just pushed the door open and demanded everyone's exit.

I shift my eyes so that I can see him in the reflection of the mirror. The girls pack their things and scurry away, obeying him as if he's their king.

I fix my attention back to my lips and ensure they look perfect before I slowly close the tube, put it into my makeup back and then put that into my actual bag.

I run my fingers through my hair and catch his withering glare.

Lowering my hands, I finally turn around.

"Yes, Satan?"

"Don't play games with me, little minx." He warns, voice deep and smooth. "You won't win."

"I always win."

"Only because you've never played against me."

"Is that so?" I raise a brow.

He exhales through his nose and shakes his head. "I'm not here to waste my time. Have you spoken to the principal today?"

His question catches me off guard and I blink. "No."

"Are you supposed to?"

"How did you-?"

"Because I've just received an email from him and it had your fucking name in it."

"What?" My brows knit in confusion and then I take a step forward, holding out my hand.

He doesn't move for a moment but then unlocks his phone and slaps it into my hand.

I read over the email and silently curse.

Why?

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why do I suddenly keep getting pushed into his path?

"Are you kidding me?" I hiss.

He snatches back his phone and pockets it. "My thoughts exactly."

"Why am I being chosen for this? I'm not even a senior."

"Perhaps it's the irritable presence you've marked this place with since you walked through the fucking doors."