Chapter 12: Ballroom Drama

One week before the ball, the excitement at Hogwarts was palpable. The Great Hall buzzed with students animatedly discussing their plans and dates for the highly anticipated event. Amidst the chatter, Y/n and Pansy sat at the Slytherin table, enjoying their breakfast.

"I can't believe the ball is almost here," Pansy said, spreading marmalade on her toast. "So, who are you going with?"

Y/n shrugged, taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

"I haven't decided yet. You know how these things go."

Pansy rolled her eyes playfully.

"Oh, come on. Someone must have caught your eye. What about Mattheo?"

Y/n nearly choked on her juice.

"Riddle? Really, Pans? He's insufferable."

Pansy grinned.

"Insufferable and yet, you're always around him. Just saying."

Before Y/n could respond, the guys joined their table. Draco, Blaise, Enzo, Theo, and Mattheo took their seats, their own conversations blending into the morning's lively atmosphere.

"Talking about the ball, are we?" Blaise smirked, looking between Y/n and Pansy.

"Naturally," Pansy replied. "Have you guys sorted your dates?"

"Yeah," Enzo said with a lazy grin. "I'm taking Hannah Abbott."

Draco looked at Y/n, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"And what about you, little sis? Anyone special?"

Before she could answer, a group of girls approached the table, giggling and whispering among themselves. They were clearly smitten with Mattheo, their eyes practically sparkling as they looked at him.

"Hi, Mattheo," one of the girls said, twirling a strand of her hair nervously. "We were wondering if you have a date for the ball?"

Mattheo leaned back, a charming smile spreading across his face.

"Not yet, ladies. Why do you ask?"

Another girl, her cheeks flushing, spoke up.

"Well, we were hoping you might consider going with one of us."

Y/n rolled her eyes, feeling an unexpected pang of irritation. Pansy nudged her under the table, a knowing smile on her lips.

Mattheo chuckled softly, his eyes flicking briefly to Y/n before returning to the girls.

"I'll have to think about it. But I appreciate the offers."

The girls giggled again, clearly pleased with his response, before walking away with dreamy expressions.

"Quite the ladies' man, aren't you?" Y/n said, unable to keep the sarcasm out of her voice.

Mattheo shrugged, a teasing glint in his eyes.

"What can I say? It's a gift."

Pansy laughed.

"So modest, Riddle."

As the week progressed, the excitement only grew. One afternoon, Pansy and Y/n decided to take a trip to Hogsmeade to find the perfect dresses for the ball. They browsed through racks of elegant gowns, finally settling on their choices.

"Try this one," Pansy said, handing Y/n an emerald silk mini dress. "It'll look amazing on you."

Y/n slipped into the dress, admiring how it shaped her body perfectly.