7- Date (Part One!)

(You!⬇️)

[TW: angsty Hero]

[TW: angsty Hero]

Your eyes widened. "O-oh! Um... H-Hero! Hey, uh... I know this is usually just something your brother does, b-but uh... I just came by to see if... we could hang out?" You asked quietly, laughing nervously.

Hero rubbed sleep from his eyes. He seemed to be thinking for a moment. "Well..." He yawned. "Sure, I guess... let me get cleaned up." He shut the door in front of you.

WOW...

THAT ACTUALLY WORKED, you thought with disbelief. You stared at the door for a minute before silently cheering. Your luck was on fire today!

✦ ⁺. ⧣₊˚

HERO'S POV...

I don't get it. Really, I don't. How can people just... move on?... I used to be able to answer that... I used to be able to help everyone in the group, knowing what's right and wrong, what they should and shouldn't do for a healthier relationship...

Why is she knocking on my door? Why does she want to hang out after so long? I was almost done forgetting what had happened... but then she showed up and made it come back...

Well... if she wants to start anew after three years of this nonsense... I suppose I could try, too.

I put on a regular outfit, just a blue sweater and jeans. Walking through the hallway, I see a picture of myself with many trophies and medals hung around it. Opening the door, I see Y/n once again, her outfit consisting of a (f/c) t-shirt, a checkered skirt, and (s/f/c) sneakers. Looking down at her hands, I see...

A picnic basket.

She caught my eye, tilting her head at what I was looking at. She looked down as well, her face immediately turning red as she looked away. "I-I, uh... just thought... we could hang out in the park... and um... I brought lunch..." She scratched the back of her neck, a nervous expression on her face.

Why was she so much... like her? I don't... I can't do this...

Yes you can.

I...

It's okay, Hero. You can't dwell on the past forever. Please give her a chance? I know it hasn't been that long... but it'll be okay.

Everything will be okay.

I promise.

"It's... okay." I muttered, mustering up a little chuckle. "To the park, then?" I asked. (Y/n) seemed shocked for a moment, then nodded, a shy smile on her face.

That was cute...

We walked side by side down the street, heading to the park that the group and I had grown up around. I still remember the day when (Y/n) showed up... Sunny catching her spying on us, and...