10- Nightmares

[TW: angsty]

HERO'S POV...

Kel yawned, the bowl of popcorn spilt onto his lap after multiple "YEA, KILL THAT DUDE"s. I myself am getting pretty tired... (Y/n) was clinging to my arm. She seemed to be asleep.

I felt shifting to my left, and saw Kel picking up his popcorn mess and the plate that now holds but crumbs of the cookies from earlier. I heard the dishes being placed on the counter before he came back in and saw the situation I was in.

Kel smirked. "Good luck with that, bro, haha." "Wait, Kel, can't you just help me out with this? I don't..." I look back down at her, her (s/c) skin slightly glowing in the light of the TV. I sighed.

"Goodnight, I guess..." Kel rolled his eyes playfully before turning and going to the room he shares with me. I reached for the remote, turning the TV off.

So now... it's just me and (Y/n). In the dark... on the couch.

Her warmth and steady breathing kinda made me tired myself...

Goodnight, (Y/n)...

Goodnight, Mari...

Goodnight, Hero.

✦ ⁺. ⧣₊˚

HEADSPACE

(Y/N)'S POV...

White hands with red outlines were wrapped around my legs, holding me still. "I... I can't move!" I struggled, trying to break free, but their grip only seemed to get tighter. Shadows dancing in front of me caught my attention.

I looked up, a tall staircase up ahead. Two shadows stood at the top.

No. No no no.

NOT AGAIN.

NOT AGAIN, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!

"Mari!! MARI!! Look out! Please, move out of the way! Please, Mari, please!!" I shrieked, tears now flowing down my face.

She just stood there. Sunny shoved her.

And down she went, the sickening crack echoing through the house. A black puddle flowed around her, starting to envelop the floor, walls, and ceiling in darkness. The hands turned into black tentacles, wrapping around my legs, arms, waist, chest, all the way up to my head.

My voice was stolen from my throat. I couldn't make a sound, not a single cry for help.

All around me were shadows, all around was darkness. Slowly, eyes started opening, their gaze locked on me. Their gaze sending shivers down my spine.

Please... stop... help... my thoughts were flooded with this message.

✦ ⁺. ⧣₊˚

HERO'S POV...

My eyes tiredly blinked open. The room was still pitch black. (Y/n) was next to me, shaking. Her cheeks glistened with fresh tears. "(N/n)?" I whispered, trying to see if she was awake. She seemed to be shivering.

"Sunny... no... stop... Mari..........look out......" She started shaking more, the tears flowing faster. I didn't know what to do. What... what was she talking about?

"No, please... Basil ... please listen... don't do it... PLEASE... STOP, SUNNY... STOP!!" She was full on sobbing now. I shook her, trying to wake her. She jolted up, her grip on my arm tightening.