9- Sleepover

(You!⬇️

HERO'S POV

HERO'S POV...

...Did I just do that?

...Oh my God I just did that.

Holy crap.

I watched (Y/n) wave goodbye as she turned the corner of the sidewalk, her picnic basket in her hand swinging side to side. The sun shined in front of her, making it look like she was glowing.

I waited until she was out of sight until I actually started freaking out. "Wow that actually worked..." I said, for some reason out of breath as if I had been holding it in.

Was I holding my breath? Could explain why my face was red when I was hanging out with her... oh screw my random thoughts.

I have to get ready!

I almost practically ran home to get cleaned up, not wanting anything to go wrong.

...why was I so worried? Why do I care what she thinks? Why did I even invite her over if I haven't even really seen her in years?

Maybe because you like her...?

No... that couldn't possibly be it. Could it? No. Not at all. That isn't possible. Sure I've known her about long enough, but any chance of that is long gone. It's still too soon.

But is it, Hero?

I unlocked the front door and opened it up, surprised to see Kel right at the door waiting for me. "Oh!... hey... Hero! Have you seen (Y/n) anywhere? I stopped by her house this morning, but she wasn't there! Do you know why?"

"Well, uh... I was hanging out with her today." Kel widened his eyes, starting to smile. "Really?? COOL! MAYBE WE CAN ALL HANG OUT SOMETIME TOGETHER!!" I sighed, patting his head with a smile.

"Yea, sure. Maybe we can. Anyway, (Y/n)'s coming over for a sleepover, so I need to change into something else and clean up the house." Kel did a thumbs up. "Got it, bro!" He then ran off to do who knows what.

After getting changed in more comfortable clothing for the house, I got out ingredients to bake cookies and pop popcorn! Because what would a sleepover be without these things?

Kel came running out of his room with a green dinosaur onesie on. "Kel?- ...I thought that didn't fit you anymore- and aren't you too old for that?..." I said, a bit skeptical.

Kel balled up his fists, putting them on his hips. He had a big smile on his face, slightly laced with frustration. "Oh, c'mon, Hero! No one's ever too old to enjoy the things they love! Even if it's some onesie you used to wear but stopped because you wanted to be cool..." He muttered that last part to himself, but I still heard.

"Well, if you insist on wearing it," I shrugged, smirking as I continued setting up the ingredients to bake the cookies.

✦ ⁺. ⧣₊˚

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Kel, keep an eye on the cookies!" I took off the oven mitts I was wearing and speed walked to the door. Opening it, I find (Y/n) wearing a backpack with her things inside and an oversized (f/c) sweater that covered her hands and ended just above her knees, with long (s/f/c) socks that ended mid-calve. I felt my face heat up.

"O-oh! Uh... hey (Y/n). I like your outfit..." Her cheeks were dusted with a light pink as she turned away. "Thanks... um, can I come in?"

Wow, I'm an idiot. "Oh, of course!" I said stupidly, opening the door quickly to allow her to step inside. Kel ran up to her almost immediately, barely giving her any time to place her things by the couch. The oven beeped. "Kel, the cookies! I- good grief." I rushed into the kitchen, putting on oven mitts and pulling the small circular baked goods out.

I put the mitts away after that, walking into the living room. Kel was non-stop talking to (Y/n) about anything he could. Mainly basketball. I chuckled, walking up to them.

(Y/n) noticed me almost immediately. "Hey Hero! I smell something good in there! Are those cookies?" She asked, curiosity on her face. I rolled my eyes jokingly. "What else would they be?"

Kel interrupted. "So what are we gonna do?? Watch a movie? Do a puzzle? Video games? Have a sugar eating competition and the first one to pass out loses?" "How about all of the choices except the last?" I suggested. "You know, because that doesn't seem very healthy?" (Y/n) smirked.

"Oh, good point!" Kel responded sheepishly. "I guess we could watch a movie and save the puzzle and video games for tomorrow!" "Good plan, I'll start the popcorn!"

I headed back to the kitchen, putting the popcorn bag in the microwave and setting the timer. Someone tapped on my shoulder. "Hm?" I turned around, my face now inches from (Y/n)'s.

"O-oh. H-hey (N/n)."

"Um...hi..."

We stared at each other for a while, the room feeling awfully hot. Her face was warming up, and I have a small idea that so was mine.

Kel ran into the kitchen. "Hey guys, I found a movie to watch, I- oooOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhh..." Both of our heads whipped around to face him. The microwave beeped.

"KEL, IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE"

"Ooohh, I think it's exactly what it looks like!" He had the stupidest smirk on his face, as the room heated up to what felt like 100 degrees [Fahrenheit because I'm American].

"Oh my God..." I facepalmed, (Y/n) next to me just avoiding anyone's gaze out of embarrassment. "what is it, Kel, just spit it out..." "RIGHT! I found a movie to watch! It's called... what, the FNaF Movie?"

"Isn't that supposed to be a horror movie?" I said with a questioning tone. "Nah, I'm sure it's fine! The ratings are supposedly off the charts! I'll go turn it on and give you guys a moment~" "Euuuughhh..." I groaned, my face in my hands.

(Y/n) started to speak. "Right, uh... I came to ask if I could help with something, but... well... you know..." I nodded, still looking away. "Mhm, yea... could you put those cookies on that plate?" I pointed to a small glass dish next to the cookie pan. "Okay!" She replied.

Which was followed a moment later by a short "ouch!". I turned around, seeing her sucking on three of her fingers. "(Y/n), did you-" One of the cookies was half on the pan, half off.

"For goodness sake, (N/n), I meant with the spatula, the cookies practically just came out!" I couldn't help but start to laugh. She punched my shoulder, an aggravated look on her face, but soon she started to laugh as well.

Eventually, the small sweet moment ended and (Y/n) loaded the cookies onto the plate, actually using the spatula this time. "Are you okay, though?" I said after the moment of silence. "Yea, yea, I'm fine," She replied, wiping a tear [of laughter] from her eye.

"Okay, that's good." I took the bag of popcorn out of the microwave and poured it into a bowl [don't worry it's the good popcorn, the Act 1 brand that everyone knows is the best].

"Hurry guys, the movie's about to start!" Kel shouted from the living room. "Okay, we're coming!" (Y/n) and I carried the cookies and popcorn into the room, placing them down on the side table with the remote.

Kel turned out the lights, for what he called "special effect". Personally, I didn't find it very special or effective. The movie started to play as I sat down on the couch, Kel on my left (probably to be closer to the snacks...), and (Y/n) on my right.

It seems like it's going to be a long night...

C'mon, Hero, think on the bright side! You'll have a lot more fun if you do!~

Wow

A third chapter in a week

I'm so proud of myself fr

Anyway I hope y'all enjoy! ^^