☁︎ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

☁︎

"I have a task for you, Ser Tyland," Aemond says, looking to Isolde, who motions him with her hand. "We make an alliance with the triarchy. We've had enough of this cursed blockade," Aemond says as Isolde claps her hands together.

"My Prince, Your grace," Tyland says, looking between the two before continuing, "you cannot mean to treat with the free cities. The captains of their ships are dangerous mercenaries, little more than pirates."

"Are you like your brother, Tyland? Do you share the same dim-witted mind along with the face?" she asked, looking at him unblinkingly. "We need allies before she can make more, if indeed she has any," Isolde said, looking around the room.

"They are a stone's throw away across the Narrow Sea. Lannister and Hightower ships will take months to arrive. The Triarchy will delight in the chance to terrorize the Sea Snake again." Aemond says as Isolde sits forward.

"Let them weaken his blockade while our true allies make their long journey east." Aemond finished as he looked to Isolde, who nodded her head. "The Triarchy may play at accepting terms, but they are not to be trusted. Viserys knew this."

"But he is not here anymore, is he?" Isolde said, looking at Alicent, who craned her neck to look at Isolde. "What has come of our letters to the Greyjoys?" Alicent asked looking to the Grand Maester.

"They have been to no avail," Orwyle says, causing her to shake her head as Aemond returns to his seat but stands. "The Red Kraken waits, seeking his best advantage. Though we may draw him in with honey if it comes to it."

"An offer of marriage, perhaps, to the Dowager Queen?" Lord Wylde suggested, looking at Isolde, who scoffed. As Alicent began to speak, Isolde looked at the man instead.

"Or perhaps we send you to negotiate. Your mind seems sharp. Mayhaps you could sway him to us," Isolde said, and Lord Wylde's eyes widened as he looked to the Queen.

"The Dowager Queen speaks wisely, Your Grace. Even if the blockade could be broken, are we to invite these alien raiders into our waters so close to King's Landing?" Criston says, looking at her and making a smile reach her face.

"As long as your plan is not in haste or to put my ailing husband in danger," she says as he looks away from her to Aemond. "Why do you seek to look to him? I am the Queen Regent," she says as she stands, and Aemond sits.

"You should go forth to Harrenhal," she suggests, looking at Criston, who shakes his head. "Your Grace, if Daemon prevails in the Riverlands, I no longer have the numbers to challenge him."

"We lost much at Rook's Rest, as you well know," Criston says as she turns her body to look at him. "A plan made without my husband that had failed. This is a plan made by me, not you or any behind my back."

"The longer we wait, the more chance he will prevail. Lannisters will march from the west. Take what strength we have and force Daemon and his Riverlords to fight on two fronts." Aemond says, looking to Isolde, who smiles.

"A mind of sense, which some of us cannot afford." She says as Criston looks down at the table. "Prince Aemond speaks wisely," Larys says as Isolde fights the urge to roll her eyes. "We would do better to await the Hightower host and set out in good time," Criston suggests.

"If there were time, we would use it, but unfortunately, we lost it when we lost a dragon. If we wait for you to stop cowering, then we would lose the war as a whole," she says as Criston shakes his head.

"It's a fortnight's march to Harrenhal. We must strike before his army is raised." Aemond says as Criston turns to look at him, making Isolde scoff. "And you yourself?" He asks.

"I will fly out to meet you when the time is ripe. My uncle is a challenge I welcome, if he dares face me. We all agree?" Aemond asked, looking around the room.

"Agreed," Isolde said as she stood and motioned them to all leave. She shared a look with Aemond as he turned and walked out with the others.

-