☁︎ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

☁︎

As the sun began to sink Isolde had decided to take the children to see their father. She held Valerion in her arms as Daerra held her hand. "When we enter do not make any loud noises. If you need to leave pull my dress and one of my guards will take you." She told them gently and the two nodded.

They entered slowly and Maester Orwyle stood in front of the bed. "I do not believe this is the sight for your children." He says as she shakes her head.

"You may stay outside the door but leave us." She says motioning him with her head. He looked at her before walking past and motioning the others to follow.

The three walked toward the bed as the doors closed behind them leaving one guard inside. As they walked around Aegons eyes were still closed and she let out a breath.

As they finally reached him Daerra took the seat beside the bed and looked at her father with wide eyes though not crying. Valerion looked at his father before hiding his face in his mother's shoulder.

She rubbed his back whispering, "It is fine." She then walked back toward the doors and Ser Eddard opened them leading her to the other two.

"Take him to Celia and give him a warm tea." She said kissing Valerions head before setting him on the ground. She watched as Ser Martyn took him by the hand and left.

Isolde walked back into the room seeing Daerra had now moved to the bed on his unburnt side. "I should like to read to you, Father," Daerra whispered as she came to terms with her father and what fate may befall him.

Isolde sat in the chair her daughter had been in. She clasped her hands with a soft smile as Daerra opened the book and began to read.

Daerra began to yawn as she reached the middle of the book. Isolde looked to her daughter to see her pat her father's arm as a form of good night. "I will be back at first light to finish," Daerra whispers to her father.

The two had not seen the way his hand moved an inch as if trying to take his daughter's hand. "I did not know you would be here." Isolde looked over at the voice to see Alicent standing near the end of the bed, fiddling with her ring.

"They had wished to see their father," Isolde said as Daerra got off the bed and walked past Alicent and to her mother. "You may see him, though," Isolde says as she stands taking her daughter's hand.

"Ser Leon." She said loud enough to be heard outside the door. It opened and he entered bowing his head before looking to her. "Stay by the bed," Isolde said walking past Alicent who turned to her.

"That is not necessary," Alicent said but Isolde shook her head. "I have lost much and my husband shall not be next." She said looking at Alicent who scoffed at the thought.

"Report back to me." She whispered as she reached Leon who bowed his head at her before walking to the bed and standing near where Aegons head was.

Isolde left the room with her two guards following. As she entered her chambers she kissed her daughter's head before watching her get into the bed.

She walked back over to the door leaning on it before saying, "Ser Martyn stay with my son and be vigilant. Ser Eddard you may remain outside my door." She smiled sadly seeing the two men nod.

She closed the door behind her and walked back to her bed. She blew the candle out and got under the blankets before turning to her daughter and closing her eyes.

-