☁︎ 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

☁︎

Just as she closed her eyes, a guard interrupted her thoughts. "Your Graces, we must leave now." She looked at the two as they hurriedly stood.

"Get the Queens and Princess to the wheelhouse!" he shouted as they exited the sept. Her eyes widened as she saw all the smallfolk gathered in groups around the building.

Ser Martyn hurried to stand before her while Ser Leon followed behind her. The other guards guarded Alicent and Helaena. Alicent took hold of Helaena as they hurried down the steps.

"'Tis the Queen of Fishes!" one shouted, throwing a fish at Alicent, causing her to gasp. She grabbed hold of Ser Martyn as the three walked down the steps. "Long Live Queen Rhaenyra!" they shouted.

"Get Helaena!" Isolde shouted, causing one guard to hurry to her while Alicent tripped over the steps. Isolde turned, grabbing Helaena's arm and taking her with her.

As they ran past Alicent, she watched one of the men grab Alicents arm, and Ser Leon sliced it off. Her eyes widened at the action.

"Sheath your swords!" Alicent shouted while Ser Martyn left her and returned to Ser Leon.

Alicent ran toward them, causing Isolde to grab hold of her. They came to a stop halfway from the wheelhouse when they were surrounded.

She covered Helaena, as did Alicent. As the smallfolk rushed up to them, she felt their breath on her as she turned her head from them.

She felt something hit her face, and she could smell rotten food.

She looked through the crowd and saw the two she had helped the most, Dorna and Florys, though she thought they looked sorrowful.

The Hightower guards quickly hurried to them, pushing the crowds away from them.

Alicent grabbed her arm, pulling her while telling Helaena to run, but her eyes were still on the two. Helaena crawled into the carriage while Alicent pushed Isolde ahead of her.

Isolde landed on the seat on the opposite side while Helaena was on the floor. Alicent landed on the seat behind Helaena, holding her shoulder.

Isolde lifted her hand to her face, feeling the sludge from the rotted food she could have guessed was meat. She used the sleeve of her dress to wipe her face as she leaned back on the seat.

"Long Live Queen Rhaenyra!" was shouted at them as they made their way back to the red keep in silence.

She left first as they reached the red keep, feeling the difference as she missed her two guards. This did not go unnoticed by those who stopped and watched them.

She ignored any comment or stares and went to her room, where Celia had been walking from. "Ready me a bath," Isolde said emotionlessly as she walked past her maid.

Celia quickly had other servants enter, pouring water into the tub. "Leave me," she said as Celia ushered the servants out.

Isolde slowly removed her dress, feeling her eyes begin to water. She entered the warm tub and took the sponge on the table beside it. She scrubbed her face as much as she could.

She had no thoughts other than the utter disappointment in the two she gave the most to. Yet they had announced for the pretender and not her or her husband.

She would have council the following morning and would now have to sentence two of her guards. She thought of leaving that to Aemond, but she did not want that power in his hands.

She leaned back as the tears fell from her face. Isolde did not care to wipe them as she covered her face and let out a sob.

-