Run Away

KM Group.

Jungwon returned from a meeting with the planning department, feeling utterly drained from the long hours and intense discussions. His colleagues from the R&D department, seeing his exhausted expression, knew he had been put through the wringer again in the conference room.

"How did it go?" Sunghoon asked him in unison, gathering around with curious, concerned expressions.

"It's all on schedule," Jungwon groaned, nearly on the verge of tears. "I'm quitting. Don't try to stop me."

"No, you can't do that! If you leave, I'll have to attend those meetings," Jay quickly grabbed hold of Jungwon, preventing him from making a hasty exit.

Jungwon, the head of the R&D department and their supervisor, bore the brunt of the workload. Jay, facing the pressures of a recent mortgage, felt trapped in his role and didn't dare leave. The mere thought of handling those meetings filled him with dread.

"It's okay, you don't have to quit. We can make the Second Young Madam work overtime instead!" Someone suggested, trying to lighten the mood.

Despite being the department head, Jungwon knew the Second Young Madam's position was unique. Her situation prevented her from taking on management duties, leaving him to shoulder the responsibilities. Suggesting she work overtime was out of the question, her well being was paramount.

"The planning department decided to release the game on Sweetest Day," Jungwon announced wearily. "We not only have to debug the game by then, but also create an additional promotional clip."

"This is going to kill us. We haven't even finished debugging the game, and now they want more work?"

"How are we supposed to work overtime? We don't even have time to go home and change clothes this week," Jake lamented.

"My mother barely remembers what I look like,"

"Even my dog doesn't remember my scent," Sunoo added, causing a brief, weary laugh.

"You still have time for a dog?"

"Boss, you should have the planning department come see what kind of life we're living here," Ni-ki suggested, voicing the general frustration.

"I told them," Jungwon replied, frustrated. "But the planning department pointed out that the Second Young Madam from the R&D game department, who's much more elegant and beautiful than us, manages just fine. They basically mocked us. The truth is, they think our skills aren't up to par."

"It's not fair, how can we compare to the Second Young Madam? She has scholar syndrome, for crying out loud!"

"And she's incredibly beautiful. Why can't we have wives to help dress us up?" Jay joked, trying to lighten the mood, though it only made them more melancholic.

Their eyes drifted towards the office, where the Second Young Madam, Minji, sat behind a smooth, transparent glass window, looking composed and at ease. Her calm demeanor was enviable, especially since she often worked silently, her autism making her less communicative. Yet, she had a gentle and beautiful wife who cared for her, a fact that made the R&D team feel even more despondent.

As if sensing their collective grievances, Minji glanced up at them. However, she simply returned to her work without a second thought, unfazed by the attention.

"Boss, if the Second Young Madam hadn't gone on her honeymoon and returned late, we might have managed our workload," Heeseung grumbled, highlighting the immense burden on their department.

Jungwon sighed, "That's what you say, but do you dare hold the Second Young Master accountable?"

"Of course not, but if we don't dare, then the planning department shouldn't either," Jake replied, a mischievous glint in their eye.